Vanessa Redgrave Mourns for Actor Brother Corin Redgrave's Death
Oscar winner Vanessa Redgrave is in mourning following the death of her actor brother Corin Redgrave on Tuesday, April 6, at the age of 70. The British star was best known for his stage roles, earning critical acclaim for his performances in Noel Coward's plays and Shakespeare's "The Tempest", "Much Ado About Nothing", and "Henry IV".
He earned a Tony Award nomination for his stint on Broadway as Boss Whalen in Tennessee Williams' "Not About Nightingales", and also won the Society of London Theater's Olivier Award for the same role. Redgrave, son of veteran actor Michael Redgrave, also enjoyed a lengthy TV and film career, with notable roles in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" and 1981 movie "Excalibur".
He wrote a biography of his famous father, and also penned a play named "Bluntly Speaking". Redgrave is survived by his son, Luke, and daughter, Jemma, from his first marriage to Deirdre Hamilton-Hill, who died in 1997. He also leaves wife Kika Markham and their two sons, Arden and Harvey.
He suffered a heart attack in 2005, and also battled a bout of cancer, but the cause of his death was unavailable as WENN went to press. In a statement, the Redgraves said he died "very peacefully (and) surrounded by his family."
Tragedy struck the Redgrave family in 2009 when Vanessa's daughter, actress Natasha Richardson, died from a head injury after taking a tumble during a skiing lesson in Quebec, Canada.
Actor Corin Redgrave Dies at 70:
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle