Corey Haim Obtained 553 Pills in the Last Month of His Life
Tragic actor Corey Haim obtained at least 553 pills of powerful prescription medications from seven different doctors in the last month of his life, according to California's attorney general. Jerry Brown has released details of an investigation into Haim's drug use, revealing the "Lost Boys" star visited physicians across the state in a desperate bid to obtain pills.
Calling Haim "the poster child for the problem" of "doctor-shopping", Brown also told reporters the actor often used an alias. Among the pills on Haim's drug list, obtained between February 2 and March 5, were Valium, Vicodin and Xanax.
The 38-year-old died from an apparent overdose on March 10. An official cause of death has yet to be released. According to state Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement investigators, Haim's primary physician acknowledged the actor was addicted to pain medication.
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape