Corey Haim Obtained 553 Pills in the Last Month of His Life
Tragic actor Corey Haim obtained at least 553 pills of powerful prescription medications from seven different doctors in the last month of his life, according to California's attorney general. Jerry Brown has released details of an investigation into Haim's drug use, revealing the "Lost Boys" star visited physicians across the state in a desperate bid to obtain pills.
Calling Haim "the poster child for the problem" of "doctor-shopping", Brown also told reporters the actor often used an alias. Among the pills on Haim's drug list, obtained between February 2 and March 5, were Valium, Vicodin and Xanax.
The 38-year-old died from an apparent overdose on March 10. An official cause of death has yet to be released. According to state Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement investigators, Haim's primary physician acknowledged the actor was addicted to pain medication.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support