Corey Haim Obtained 553 Pills in the Last Month of His Life
Tragic actor Corey Haim obtained at least 553 pills of powerful prescription medications from seven different doctors in the last month of his life, according to California's attorney general. Jerry Brown has released details of an investigation into Haim's drug use, revealing the "Lost Boys" star visited physicians across the state in a desperate bid to obtain pills.
Calling Haim "the poster child for the problem" of "doctor-shopping", Brown also told reporters the actor often used an alias. Among the pills on Haim's drug list, obtained between February 2 and March 5, were Valium, Vicodin and Xanax.
The 38-year-old died from an apparent overdose on March 10. An official cause of death has yet to be released. According to state Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement investigators, Haim's primary physician acknowledged the actor was addicted to pain medication.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3