Corey Haim Obtained 553 Pills in the Last Month of His Life
Tragic actor Corey Haim obtained at least 553 pills of powerful prescription medications from seven different doctors in the last month of his life, according to California's attorney general. Jerry Brown has released details of an investigation into Haim's drug use, revealing the "Lost Boys" star visited physicians across the state in a desperate bid to obtain pills.
Calling Haim "the poster child for the problem" of "doctor-shopping", Brown also told reporters the actor often used an alias. Among the pills on Haim's drug list, obtained between February 2 and March 5, were Valium, Vicodin and Xanax.
The 38-year-old died from an apparent overdose on March 10. An official cause of death has yet to be released. According to state Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement investigators, Haim's primary physician acknowledged the actor was addicted to pain medication.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?