Corey Haim Obtained 553 Pills in the Last Month of His Life
Tragic actor Corey Haim obtained at least 553 pills of powerful prescription medications from seven different doctors in the last month of his life, according to California's attorney general. Jerry Brown has released details of an investigation into Haim's drug use, revealing the "Lost Boys" star visited physicians across the state in a desperate bid to obtain pills.
Calling Haim "the poster child for the problem" of "doctor-shopping", Brown also told reporters the actor often used an alias. Among the pills on Haim's drug list, obtained between February 2 and March 5, were Valium, Vicodin and Xanax.
The 38-year-old died from an apparent overdose on March 10. An official cause of death has yet to be released. According to state Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement investigators, Haim's primary physician acknowledged the actor was addicted to pain medication.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video