Zoe Saldana Not Bothered by Lesbian Label
"Avatar" star Zoe Saldana isn't surprised when people assume she's gay - because she's been labeled a lesbian since she was a youngster. The actress is in a long-term relationship with actor Keith Britton, but admits she has often raised questions about her sexuality because she has always had a "very masculine" energy.
She tells Siempre Mujer magazine, "If you want to punish me, send me to get a manicure or dress me in a skirt or shorts, and I would die. But if you dress me in jeans and a button-down blouse, I feel very sexy, feminine and powerful."
"People have sometimes told my grandmother, 'Your granddaughter has a bit of lesbianism in her.' It's that my sisters and I spent all our time among men (growing up). We were very popular with them. Our way of thinking is very masculine."
More Zoe Saldana News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival