Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean and Sugarland Lead CMT Awards Nominees
Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum and Sugarland are the toast of the country music world after leading all nominees for the upcoming CMT Music Awards. The three acts landed four nods apiece during the first-round of nominations announced by bosses at the U.S. TV music network on Monday, April 5.
Aldean's "The Truth" and Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" will compete with promos by Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Zac Brown Band in the coveted Video of the Year category.
Underwood and Swift will also battle it out for Female Video of the Year, for their respective videos "Cowboy Casanova" and "You Belong With Me". The pair is among a string of acts with three nominations apiece, including Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley and Zac Brown Band. The fan-voted award show is scheduled to air in the U.S. on June 9.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris