Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean and Sugarland Lead CMT Awards Nominees
Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum and Sugarland are the toast of the country music world after leading all nominees for the upcoming CMT Music Awards. The three acts landed four nods apiece during the first-round of nominations announced by bosses at the U.S. TV music network on Monday, April 5.
Aldean's "The Truth" and Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" will compete with promos by Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Zac Brown Band in the coveted Video of the Year category.
Underwood and Swift will also battle it out for Female Video of the Year, for their respective videos "Cowboy Casanova" and "You Belong With Me". The pair is among a string of acts with three nominations apiece, including Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley and Zac Brown Band. The fan-voted award show is scheduled to air in the U.S. on June 9.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival