Lil Wayne Might Release TV Prison Documentary
Incarcerated Lil Wayne is set to become a star of a documentary which was filmed as the rapper was counting down to jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker's pal, DJ Scoob Doo, was on hand to capture the star's final days of freedom on camera as March sentencing date for a weapons possession charge loomed.
He began his year-long stint in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March but fans won't be without Wayne for long - the DJ is in talks with a number of U.S. cable networks to release the home video footage as a behind-the-scenes TV documentary named "Road to Rikers".
DJ Doo tells hip-hop publication XXLMag, "You could just imagine what I could have (filmed) just being with the team, and being with Wayne on his countdown to jail and even when he didn't know he was going to jail." Last week Wayne launched a new website in a bid to stay in contact with his fans during his stint behind bars.
More Lil Wayne News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story