Lil Wayne Might Release TV Prison Documentary
Incarcerated Lil Wayne is set to become a star of a documentary which was filmed as the rapper was counting down to jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker's pal, DJ Scoob Doo, was on hand to capture the star's final days of freedom on camera as March sentencing date for a weapons possession charge loomed.
He began his year-long stint in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March but fans won't be without Wayne for long - the DJ is in talks with a number of U.S. cable networks to release the home video footage as a behind-the-scenes TV documentary named "Road to Rikers".
DJ Doo tells hip-hop publication XXLMag, "You could just imagine what I could have (filmed) just being with the team, and being with Wayne on his countdown to jail and even when he didn't know he was going to jail." Last week Wayne launched a new website in a bid to stay in contact with his fans during his stint behind bars.
More Lil Wayne News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'