Lil Wayne Might Release TV Prison Documentary
Incarcerated Lil Wayne is set to become a star of a documentary which was filmed as the rapper was counting down to jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker's pal, DJ Scoob Doo, was on hand to capture the star's final days of freedom on camera as March sentencing date for a weapons possession charge loomed.
He began his year-long stint in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March but fans won't be without Wayne for long - the DJ is in talks with a number of U.S. cable networks to release the home video footage as a behind-the-scenes TV documentary named "Road to Rikers".
DJ Doo tells hip-hop publication XXLMag, "You could just imagine what I could have (filmed) just being with the team, and being with Wayne on his countdown to jail and even when he didn't know he was going to jail." Last week Wayne launched a new website in a bid to stay in contact with his fans during his stint behind bars.
More Lil Wayne News
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions