Lil Wayne Might Release TV Prison Documentary
Incarcerated Lil Wayne is set to become a star of a documentary which was filmed as the rapper was counting down to jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker's pal, DJ Scoob Doo, was on hand to capture the star's final days of freedom on camera as March sentencing date for a weapons possession charge loomed.
He began his year-long stint in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March but fans won't be without Wayne for long - the DJ is in talks with a number of U.S. cable networks to release the home video footage as a behind-the-scenes TV documentary named "Road to Rikers".
DJ Doo tells hip-hop publication XXLMag, "You could just imagine what I could have (filmed) just being with the team, and being with Wayne on his countdown to jail and even when he didn't know he was going to jail." Last week Wayne launched a new website in a bid to stay in contact with his fans during his stint behind bars.
More Lil Wayne News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake