Lil Wayne Might Release TV Prison Documentary
Incarcerated Lil Wayne is set to become a star of a documentary which was filmed as the rapper was counting down to jail. The "Lollipop" hitmaker's pal, DJ Scoob Doo, was on hand to capture the star's final days of freedom on camera as March sentencing date for a weapons possession charge loomed.
He began his year-long stint in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March but fans won't be without Wayne for long - the DJ is in talks with a number of U.S. cable networks to release the home video footage as a behind-the-scenes TV documentary named "Road to Rikers".
DJ Doo tells hip-hop publication XXLMag, "You could just imagine what I could have (filmed) just being with the team, and being with Wayne on his countdown to jail and even when he didn't know he was going to jail." Last week Wayne launched a new website in a bid to stay in contact with his fans during his stint behind bars.
More Lil Wayne News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set