Tiger Woods Is 'a Much Better Person' Following Rehab
Tiger Woods insists rehab has made him "a much better person" and taught him he's not entitled to cheat on his wife. At a press conference in Augusta, Georgia, held at the start of Masters week on Monday, April 5, the golfer revealed he'd spent 45 days in rehab during his hiatus from the sport to work on a series of personal issues.
He told the gathered reporters, "It was to take a hard look at myself and I did, and I've come out better, certainly a much better person for it than I was going in... I've still got to continue with my treatment." But he refused to discuss what personal issues he underwent treatment for. When one reporter asked him why he was in rehab, a stoic Woods replied, "That's personal, thank you."
It has been reported that Woods sought sex addiction counselings in rehab after cheating on his wife Elin Nordegren with a string of mistresses. News of his womanizing ways broke in November 2009 and forced Woods to take a hiatus from golf to repair personal relationships.
At Monday's press conference, the golfer, a Buddhist, also revealed he's meditating again in a bid to become a better person, saying "I'm going back to my roots in Buddhism with my mom... I got away from that." He also revealed his time in rehab in Mississippi forced him to miss his son's first birthday.
Woods added, "That hurts, that hurts a lot and I vowed I'd never miss another one after that... I want to be a part of my son's life and my daughter's life going forward." However, he confirmed that his wife and children would not be with him as he competed for a fifth Masters championship.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia