Tiger Woods Is 'a Much Better Person' Following Rehab
Tiger Woods insists rehab has made him "a much better person" and taught him he's not entitled to cheat on his wife. At a press conference in Augusta, Georgia, held at the start of Masters week on Monday, April 5, the golfer revealed he'd spent 45 days in rehab during his hiatus from the sport to work on a series of personal issues.
He told the gathered reporters, "It was to take a hard look at myself and I did, and I've come out better, certainly a much better person for it than I was going in... I've still got to continue with my treatment." But he refused to discuss what personal issues he underwent treatment for. When one reporter asked him why he was in rehab, a stoic Woods replied, "That's personal, thank you."
It has been reported that Woods sought sex addiction counselings in rehab after cheating on his wife Elin Nordegren with a string of mistresses. News of his womanizing ways broke in November 2009 and forced Woods to take a hiatus from golf to repair personal relationships.
At Monday's press conference, the golfer, a Buddhist, also revealed he's meditating again in a bid to become a better person, saying "I'm going back to my roots in Buddhism with my mom... I got away from that." He also revealed his time in rehab in Mississippi forced him to miss his son's first birthday.
Woods added, "That hurts, that hurts a lot and I vowed I'd never miss another one after that... I want to be a part of my son's life and my daughter's life going forward." However, he confirmed that his wife and children would not be with him as he competed for a fifth Masters championship.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri