Attorney Urges Media to Stop 'Bullying' Jesse James
Jesse James' lawyer has slammed the media for releasing details of the TV mechanic's rehab program and facility whereabouts, insisting the tactics amount to "bullying" Sandra Bullock's embattled husband. James checked himself into a treatment center in Tucson, Arizona to "help save his marriage" in March, following claims of his infidelity with a string of mistresses.
The rehab facility was later named as the Sierra Tucson building, prompting the paparazzi to swarm to the center in a bid to snap the first images of James seeking professional help. But the reporting on the affair scandal has infuriated James' attorney Joe Yanny, who has blasted the media's treatment of his client.
He tells People, "The First Amendment (freedom of speech and press) was not meant to cover the sexual lives of people who are not in office. This is sheer voyeurism and bullying, pure and simple. It's disgusting." James reportedly quit rehab in early April - a claim that has not been confirmed.
Yanny insists James just wants to repair his fractured relationship with Bullock and rebuild his family. He says, "(James) is doing as well as he can be. He's focusing on what he's doing and trying to make himself better. When all is said and done, he wants the same people who were living in his house before all this happened to still be living there. And he wants to save his marriage with the woman he loves more than anything in his life."
Bullock walked out on James when the allegations first broke. She began moving her belongings out of their marital home in California on April 2 as she allegedly prepares to file for divorce.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce