Sean Penn Faces Lawsuit for Threatening to Kill Paparazzi
Sean Penn's violent clash with a paparazzi in October 2009 has landed him in more trouble - the Oscar winner is facing a lawsuit from the snapper after he allegedly threatened to kill him. The actor has already been charged with two misdemeanor counts of criminal battery and vandalism after reportedly kicking photographer Jordan Dawes and damaging his camera in a bust-up in California.
Dawes claims he suffered serious injuries after Penn started "kicking and punching" him, leaving him in need of surgery on his knee. According to legal papers filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Dawes accuses Penn of breaking his camera before threatening his life by sneering, "The next time I see you, you will be in a box."
Dawes is seeking compensation for the alleged attack. Penn's criminal case is still pending, reports TMZ.
More Sean Penn News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'