Sean Penn Faces Lawsuit for Threatening to Kill Paparazzi
Sean Penn's violent clash with a paparazzi in October 2009 has landed him in more trouble - the Oscar winner is facing a lawsuit from the snapper after he allegedly threatened to kill him. The actor has already been charged with two misdemeanor counts of criminal battery and vandalism after reportedly kicking photographer Jordan Dawes and damaging his camera in a bust-up in California.
Dawes claims he suffered serious injuries after Penn started "kicking and punching" him, leaving him in need of surgery on his knee. According to legal papers filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Dawes accuses Penn of breaking his camera before threatening his life by sneering, "The next time I see you, you will be in a box."
Dawes is seeking compensation for the alleged attack. Penn's criminal case is still pending, reports TMZ.
More Sean Penn News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation