Sean Penn Faces Lawsuit for Threatening to Kill Paparazzi
Sean Penn's violent clash with a paparazzi in October 2009 has landed him in more trouble - the Oscar winner is facing a lawsuit from the snapper after he allegedly threatened to kill him. The actor has already been charged with two misdemeanor counts of criminal battery and vandalism after reportedly kicking photographer Jordan Dawes and damaging his camera in a bust-up in California.
Dawes claims he suffered serious injuries after Penn started "kicking and punching" him, leaving him in need of surgery on his knee. According to legal papers filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Dawes accuses Penn of breaking his camera before threatening his life by sneering, "The next time I see you, you will be in a box."
Dawes is seeking compensation for the alleged attack. Penn's criminal case is still pending, reports TMZ.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'