Whoopi Goldberg Understands Why Jesse James Cheats
Whoopi Goldberg has come to the defense of Sandra Bullock's embattled husband Jesse James as he fights allegations of infidelity, insisting she can understand why he would cheat - because she "screwed around" during her three marriages. Bullock walked out on James in early March after the TV mechanic was reported to have had an 11-month affair with tattoo model Michelle McGee in 2009.
Two other women have since come forward with similar claims, while a fourth mistress is also alleged to have been involved with James while he was married to the actress. But Goldberg has called on critics to stop judging James until they've heard the full story from the man himself - because tabloid claims are not always so straight-forward.
And the "Ghost" star admits she could see why a spouse would cheat - just like she did when she was a married woman. She confesses, "I did it (cheated) five or six times... Yes, I screwed around while I was married, yeah. I made mistakes too. It happens sometimes."
"Maybe he was trying to find something different too. I'm not excusing what I'm doing as, 'Hey, maybe there's something else to look at here' as opposed to just saying, 'Hey, he's a bonehead.' Maybe he just wanted something wonderful in his life (married a star) and couldn't deal with it. It's just a possibility, I know it's crazy."
Goldberg split from first husband Alvin Martin in 1979 after five years of marriage and went on to marry David Claessen in 1986. That relationship lasted two years and she later wed Lyle Trachtenberg in 1994, before the pair divorced just a year later.
More Whoopi Goldberg News
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton