Brian McKnight Hauled to Court Over Lovechild Allegation
R&B singer Brian McKnight has been hauled to court by an alleged former lover over child support payments for a one-year-old boy purported to be his son. Miriam Moreno claims her baby boy, Evan Brian McKnight, was fathered by the star - although he has not been named on the tot's birth certificate.
However, the document does state the unidentified father's place of birth as New York and his birth date as June 5, 1969 - the same date McKnight was born in Buffalo in upstate New York. 34-year-old Moreno has hired celebrity lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan to represent her and the pair met McKnight in a California court last week during a hearing on child support, reports TMZ.
It is not known whether McKnight has taken a paternity test and details about the reported love affair have not been revealed.
McKnight became engaged to his longtime girlfriend Annalisa Mungcal on St. Valentine's Day this year, 2010 and he is dad to two sons, Brian Jr., 19, and Niko, 17, from his 13-year marriage to ex-wife Julie. The couple split in 2003.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified