Brian McKnight Hauled to Court Over Lovechild Allegation
R&B singer Brian McKnight has been hauled to court by an alleged former lover over child support payments for a one-year-old boy purported to be his son. Miriam Moreno claims her baby boy, Evan Brian McKnight, was fathered by the star - although he has not been named on the tot's birth certificate.
However, the document does state the unidentified father's place of birth as New York and his birth date as June 5, 1969 - the same date McKnight was born in Buffalo in upstate New York. 34-year-old Moreno has hired celebrity lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan to represent her and the pair met McKnight in a California court last week during a hearing on child support, reports TMZ.
It is not known whether McKnight has taken a paternity test and details about the reported love affair have not been revealed.
McKnight became engaged to his longtime girlfriend Annalisa Mungcal on St. Valentine's Day this year, 2010 and he is dad to two sons, Brian Jr., 19, and Niko, 17, from his 13-year marriage to ex-wife Julie. The couple split in 2003.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift