Brooke Shields Excited to Tell Daughters About Royal Roots
Brooke Shields has vowed to tell her daughters all about their royal roots after learning of her high-ranking French ancestry on a U.S. genealogy show. The "Blue Lagoon" star was featured on celebrity program "Who Do You Think You Are?", which followed the actress as she voyaged to Italy and France to trace her family on her father's side.
With the help of a royal historian, Shields discovered she is a distant relative of French royals including King Henry IV, Saint Louis, Philip II and Charles V. Shields called the journey that took her back in time "an amazing exploration" - and is excited to share her family's history with her 6-year-old daughters Rowan and 3-year-old Grier when they're older.
She explains, "(The journey has) taken me from New Jersey to the Palace of Versailles... I'm just looking forward to imparting what I've learned and imparting to my children where they came from. And even if they don't understand it now it will be a huge piece of their puzzle."
"I do feel part of something bigger and now the desire to share it with my daughters is even stronger." Sarah Jessica Parker, her husband Matthew Broderick and moviemaker Spike Lee have also traced their family trees for the TV series.
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton