Dennis Hopper Ordered to Pay Estranged Wife 12,000 Dollars Per Month
Dennis Hopper and his estranged wife have been told to tone down their bitter feelings towards each other for the sake of their seven-year-old daughter - by a Los Angeles judges. Superior Court Judge Amy Pellman ordered the actor to pay his wife Victoria Duffy $12,000-a-month in spousal and child support in court on Monday, April 5.
The judge also ruled that Duffy can live on the family property for the immediate future. "Easy Rider" star Hopper, who filed for divorce shortly after revealing he was battling cancer, had requested Duffy be asked to leave his property. Hopper, 73, did not attend the hearing.
Pellman addressed Duffy and the family members who were present in court and told them they needed to reconcile their differences before "desperately ill" Hopper dies. The judge said, "There needs to be street-cleaning on both sides of this street." Her thoughts were with the couple's daughter - she added, "Having her extended family in a war with her mother is not in her best interests."
Outside court, Duffy told reporters, "It's heartbreaking and I hope it can be amicably resolved." She has agreed to remain at least 10 feet away from her husband on the property. Duffy claims the divorce is an attempt to cut her out of her inheritance - an accusation that has been denied.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?