Dr. Dre Wants David Ortiz to Pick His Song as Baseball Theme
Rapper Dr. Dre wants baseball star David Ortiz to adopt his new tune "Under Pressure" as his 2010 season theme. Baseball stars select the music that plays as they walk onto the field to either pitch or bat - and Dre hopes his comeback tune, a collaboration with Jay-Z, will be a hit in the Boston Red Sox locker room.
The rapper was among the stars at the Red Sox's Fenway Park stadium on Sunday, April 4 for the team's 2010 season opener against Jay-Z's New York Yankees.
And the Ortiz fan hopes his new song will be as big a baseball anthem this year as his pal's "Empire State of Mind" was in summer 2009 at Yankees Stadium. He says, "Absolutely, that would be it. 'Under Pressure' it's so fitting for Big Papi (Ortiz's nickname)."
More Dr. Dre News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!