Dr. Dre Wants David Ortiz to Pick His Song as Baseball Theme
Rapper Dr. Dre wants baseball star David Ortiz to adopt his new tune "Under Pressure" as his 2010 season theme. Baseball stars select the music that plays as they walk onto the field to either pitch or bat - and Dre hopes his comeback tune, a collaboration with Jay-Z, will be a hit in the Boston Red Sox locker room.
The rapper was among the stars at the Red Sox's Fenway Park stadium on Sunday, April 4 for the team's 2010 season opener against Jay-Z's New York Yankees.
And the Ortiz fan hopes his new song will be as big a baseball anthem this year as his pal's "Empire State of Mind" was in summer 2009 at Yankees Stadium. He says, "Absolutely, that would be it. 'Under Pressure' it's so fitting for Big Papi (Ortiz's nickname)."
More Dr. Dre News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding