Katy Perry's Father Praises Russell Brand's Spirituality
Katy Perry's preacher parents have praised her fiance Russell Brand for embracing religion - insisting the British funnyman is now on a "spiritual path". The former bad boy, who has struggled with sex and drug addiction in the past, proposed to the "I Kissed A Girl" singer on New Year's Eve, December 31, 2009 during a romantic trip to India.
He has grown close to Perry's mother and father, both Christian preachers, since he began dating the star in September 2009 and Perry's dad, Keith Hudson, spoke out about his daughter's partner in late 2009, revealing his hopes to teach Brand about religion.
And Hudson now insists his plans to convert the comic are close to fruition. He says, "Russell has found a spiritual path. There has been such a change in him. We talk about God all the time, he's been searching. We are discussing his journey together."
"I chat with him and help him to see things clearly. My wife Mary and I are Evangelists and have been for 38 years. He knows it's about living a good life. Katy has influenced and helped him more than anyone. He's a different person because of the love." And Hudson adds Brand has been spending the Easter holidays with the family in Los Angles, sharing "We are doing Easter in L.A. with Russell and Katy. We get on with Russell well so that's important because it's family."
More Katy Perry News
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2