Father Insists There Is No Problem With Katy Perry and Russell Brand's Relationship
Katy Perry's father has dismissed rumors the singer's relationship with Russell Brand is in trouble - insisting the couple will marry "soon-ish". The pair, who has been dating since September 2009, became engaged on New Year's Eve, December 31, 2009 after the British funnyman proposed during a romantic trip to India.
The romance has been rocked by rumors of problems over the last few weeks, with tabloid reports speculating about an imminent split, but Perry's dad, Keith Hudson, is adamant the couple is still planning to wed. He says, "In no way are they splitting up. Things are going well and the marriage is soon-ish. Everything is good."
Before engaged to Russell Brand, Katy Perry previously dated Travis McCoy, the Gym Class Heroes' frontman. They had on-and-off relationship but the two eventually went their separate ways in December 2008.
More Katy Perry News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake