Father Insists There Is No Problem With Katy Perry and Russell Brand's Relationship
Katy Perry's father has dismissed rumors the singer's relationship with Russell Brand is in trouble - insisting the couple will marry "soon-ish". The pair, who has been dating since September 2009, became engaged on New Year's Eve, December 31, 2009 after the British funnyman proposed during a romantic trip to India.
The romance has been rocked by rumors of problems over the last few weeks, with tabloid reports speculating about an imminent split, but Perry's dad, Keith Hudson, is adamant the couple is still planning to wed. He says, "In no way are they splitting up. Things are going well and the marriage is soon-ish. Everything is good."
Before engaged to Russell Brand, Katy Perry previously dated Travis McCoy, the Gym Class Heroes' frontman. They had on-and-off relationship but the two eventually went their separate ways in December 2008.
More Katy Perry News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them