Father Insists There Is No Problem With Katy Perry and Russell Brand's Relationship
Katy Perry's father has dismissed rumors the singer's relationship with Russell Brand is in trouble - insisting the couple will marry "soon-ish". The pair, who has been dating since September 2009, became engaged on New Year's Eve, December 31, 2009 after the British funnyman proposed during a romantic trip to India.
The romance has been rocked by rumors of problems over the last few weeks, with tabloid reports speculating about an imminent split, but Perry's dad, Keith Hudson, is adamant the couple is still planning to wed. He says, "In no way are they splitting up. Things are going well and the marriage is soon-ish. Everything is good."
Before engaged to Russell Brand, Katy Perry previously dated Travis McCoy, the Gym Class Heroes' frontman. They had on-and-off relationship but the two eventually went their separate ways in December 2008.
More Katy Perry News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences