Father Insists There Is No Problem With Katy Perry and Russell Brand's Relationship
Katy Perry's father has dismissed rumors the singer's relationship with Russell Brand is in trouble - insisting the couple will marry "soon-ish". The pair, who has been dating since September 2009, became engaged on New Year's Eve, December 31, 2009 after the British funnyman proposed during a romantic trip to India.
The romance has been rocked by rumors of problems over the last few weeks, with tabloid reports speculating about an imminent split, but Perry's dad, Keith Hudson, is adamant the couple is still planning to wed. He says, "In no way are they splitting up. Things are going well and the marriage is soon-ish. Everything is good."
Before engaged to Russell Brand, Katy Perry previously dated Travis McCoy, the Gym Class Heroes' frontman. They had on-and-off relationship but the two eventually went their separate ways in December 2008.
More Katy Perry News
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder