Will Smith Refuses to Play Marvin Gaye in Biopic
Will Smith has turned down the lead role in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's new Marvin Gaye biopic. The actor spent months in negotiations to portray the legendary soul man, and now Crowe, who has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years, is without a leading man again.
But the "Almost Famous" director isn't rushing to find his Gaye - he's determined to hire the right man for the role. Crowe tells Daily Variety, "It's all about getting the contact high in a movie theater that you can get from music. A record can change your life. Somebody poured their life into that little piece of music. To me that's a hero."
Cameron Crowe has been quietly working on Marvin Gaye biopic for three and a half years, Variety reported. The site further revealed that Scott Rudin is attached as producer.
More Will Smith News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung