Will Smith Refuses to Play Marvin Gaye in Biopic
Will Smith has turned down the lead role in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's new Marvin Gaye biopic. The actor spent months in negotiations to portray the legendary soul man, and now Crowe, who has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years, is without a leading man again.
But the "Almost Famous" director isn't rushing to find his Gaye - he's determined to hire the right man for the role. Crowe tells Daily Variety, "It's all about getting the contact high in a movie theater that you can get from music. A record can change your life. Somebody poured their life into that little piece of music. To me that's a hero."
Cameron Crowe has been quietly working on Marvin Gaye biopic for three and a half years, Variety reported. The site further revealed that Scott Rudin is attached as producer.
More Will Smith News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer