Will Smith Refuses to Play Marvin Gaye in Biopic
Will Smith has turned down the lead role in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's new Marvin Gaye biopic. The actor spent months in negotiations to portray the legendary soul man, and now Crowe, who has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years, is without a leading man again.
But the "Almost Famous" director isn't rushing to find his Gaye - he's determined to hire the right man for the role. Crowe tells Daily Variety, "It's all about getting the contact high in a movie theater that you can get from music. A record can change your life. Somebody poured their life into that little piece of music. To me that's a hero."
Cameron Crowe has been quietly working on Marvin Gaye biopic for three and a half years, Variety reported. The site further revealed that Scott Rudin is attached as producer.
More Will Smith News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'