Will Smith Refuses to Play Marvin Gaye in Biopic
Will Smith has turned down the lead role in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's new Marvin Gaye biopic. The actor spent months in negotiations to portray the legendary soul man, and now Crowe, who has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years, is without a leading man again.
But the "Almost Famous" director isn't rushing to find his Gaye - he's determined to hire the right man for the role. Crowe tells Daily Variety, "It's all about getting the contact high in a movie theater that you can get from music. A record can change your life. Somebody poured their life into that little piece of music. To me that's a hero."
Cameron Crowe has been quietly working on Marvin Gaye biopic for three and a half years, Variety reported. The site further revealed that Scott Rudin is attached as producer.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere