Naomi Campbell Cancels Haiti Trip Due to Malaria Epidemic
Naomi Campbell has reportedly postponed a planned trip to Haiti following an outbreak of malaria in the earthquake-ravaged country. The British supermodel has been raising money to boost aid efforts in the Caribbean nation since the January tremor, which killed hundreds of thousands of people and left many more homeless.
Campbell, who hosted star-studded fashion shows in New York and London to help Haiti, was due to fly there in late April to lend a hand to survivors of the earthquake - but the trip has now been scrapped after the mosquito-borne disease began to sweep the region. An insider tells Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper that Campbell still intends to visit Haiti in the coming months.
Her Haiti trip aside, Naomi Campbell recently admitted that she had changed into a better person following her infamous assault to two police officers at London's Heathrow Airport and her party lifestyle. "Everyone knows what I've gone through. I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've come clean on them all. I don't deny them. I've taken the heat and felt highly embarrassed by a lot of them," the supermodel said. "I'm not proud of the things I've done and the incidents that have happened in my life, and I would never say I was. But I did something about it. I'm not above learning lessons."
- Amber Rose Holds Hands With a Man While Leaving Nightclub
- J.Lo Premieres Heartbreaking Spanish Ballad 'Mirate' at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Nick Cannon Blasts Nicki Minaj's Booty on 'The Wendy Williams Show'
- First Look at Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic Revealed
- Tilda Swinton Talks About Pig Dreams in Bizzare Viral Video for 'Okja'
- Dream Comes True! Kylie Jenner to Give Travis Scott a Horse for His 25th Birthday
- Listen to Katy Perry's Seductive Song 'Bon Appetit' Ft. Migos
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie