Naomi Campbell Cancels Haiti Trip Due to Malaria Epidemic
Naomi Campbell has reportedly postponed a planned trip to Haiti following an outbreak of malaria in the earthquake-ravaged country. The British supermodel has been raising money to boost aid efforts in the Caribbean nation since the January tremor, which killed hundreds of thousands of people and left many more homeless.
Campbell, who hosted star-studded fashion shows in New York and London to help Haiti, was due to fly there in late April to lend a hand to survivors of the earthquake - but the trip has now been scrapped after the mosquito-borne disease began to sweep the region. An insider tells Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper that Campbell still intends to visit Haiti in the coming months.
Her Haiti trip aside, Naomi Campbell recently admitted that she had changed into a better person following her infamous assault to two police officers at London's Heathrow Airport and her party lifestyle. "Everyone knows what I've gone through. I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've come clean on them all. I don't deny them. I've taken the heat and felt highly embarrassed by a lot of them," the supermodel said. "I'm not proud of the things I've done and the incidents that have happened in my life, and I would never say I was. But I did something about it. I'm not above learning lessons."
More Naomi Campbell News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert