Naomi Campbell Cancels Haiti Trip Due to Malaria Epidemic
Naomi Campbell has reportedly postponed a planned trip to Haiti following an outbreak of malaria in the earthquake-ravaged country. The British supermodel has been raising money to boost aid efforts in the Caribbean nation since the January tremor, which killed hundreds of thousands of people and left many more homeless.
Campbell, who hosted star-studded fashion shows in New York and London to help Haiti, was due to fly there in late April to lend a hand to survivors of the earthquake - but the trip has now been scrapped after the mosquito-borne disease began to sweep the region. An insider tells Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper that Campbell still intends to visit Haiti in the coming months.
Her Haiti trip aside, Naomi Campbell recently admitted that she had changed into a better person following her infamous assault to two police officers at London's Heathrow Airport and her party lifestyle. "Everyone knows what I've gone through. I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've come clean on them all. I don't deny them. I've taken the heat and felt highly embarrassed by a lot of them," the supermodel said. "I'm not proud of the things I've done and the incidents that have happened in my life, and I would never say I was. But I did something about it. I'm not above learning lessons."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'