Fabolous Describes Twitter Dispute With Jim Jones as Joke
Fabolous has brushed off his escalating war-of-words with Jim Jones on Twitter - insisting his rap rival was joking when he told the "Trade It All" hitmaker to "play dead". Jones first took aim at his rap rival following the debut of Fabolous' "Body Ya" music video, accusing him of being unoriginal.
He wrote, "I just seen another rapper's video that look just like my chain gang n scarf. Damn, I'm sonnin (something) these n**gaz. I guess my style might body ya. Lol." Fabolous responded by bashing Jones' mixtape, "The Ghost of Rich Porter". He wrote, "iJustWannaKnoWhy the competition won't stay Dead. Maybe I should (release) a new mixtape call (sic) TiNc3 - Ghost of the Competition."
The post prompted Jones to 'tweet' "Pow pow, play dead" on the rapper's page - worrying fans the feud was turning violent. But Fabolous insists the online fight won't escalate. He tells MTV News, "I don't know where his comment came from. I joked around with it too. It was kinda subliminal."
"I think it's definitely competition. But you can say things - it gets taken out of context whether you meant it as a joke or not. It could have been his opinion, but it still was thrown the way he threw it. It could have been taken in the context of you taking a shot at somebody."
"But I had fun with it, I made some jokes. That's it. I'm not looking at it as I got a really big problem or East Coast/West Coast beef. I cracked a couple of jokes about it. I'm not making a dis record about it... Twitter dissing isn't important."
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App