Shia LaBeouf Finished Marathon by Listening to Monks' Chanting
Running the Los Angeles marathon was a religious experience for actor Shia LaBeouf - he finished the race by listening to chanting by Tibetan monks. The "Transformers" star was among 25,000 runners who took to the city's streets for the 26.2 mile (42.2 kilometer) race on March 21.
According to U.S. tabloid Star, "(LaBeouf's) trainer suggested he try it because it helps regulate his breathing". And the trick worked - LaBeouf finished the race in a very creditable four hours and 35 minutes.
His monk chanting aside, Shia LaBeouf recently revealed that he wants to tackle grittier roles in movies. During a recent interview with FHM, the boyfriend of Carey Mulligan said, "I don't know if I'm interested in the blockbuster whimsical stuff any more." He added, "I want to be a little ballsier; balls, blood and death, kind of thing... Not outrageously so, just something a little grittier, with a little more meat to chew on."
- Britney Spears Breaks Silence on Her Boyfriend Sam Asghari: 'He Is Really Cute'
- 'Scandal' Debuts Web Series 'Gladiator Wanted'
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'