Shia LaBeouf Finished Marathon by Listening to Monks' Chanting
Running the Los Angeles marathon was a religious experience for actor Shia LaBeouf - he finished the race by listening to chanting by Tibetan monks. The "Transformers" star was among 25,000 runners who took to the city's streets for the 26.2 mile (42.2 kilometer) race on March 21.
According to U.S. tabloid Star, "(LaBeouf's) trainer suggested he try it because it helps regulate his breathing". And the trick worked - LaBeouf finished the race in a very creditable four hours and 35 minutes.
His monk chanting aside, Shia LaBeouf recently revealed that he wants to tackle grittier roles in movies. During a recent interview with FHM, the boyfriend of Carey Mulligan said, "I don't know if I'm interested in the blockbuster whimsical stuff any more." He added, "I want to be a little ballsier; balls, blood and death, kind of thing... Not outrageously so, just something a little grittier, with a little more meat to chew on."
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season