Shia LaBeouf Finished Marathon by Listening to Monks' Chanting
Running the Los Angeles marathon was a religious experience for actor Shia LaBeouf - he finished the race by listening to chanting by Tibetan monks. The "Transformers" star was among 25,000 runners who took to the city's streets for the 26.2 mile (42.2 kilometer) race on March 21.
According to U.S. tabloid Star, "(LaBeouf's) trainer suggested he try it because it helps regulate his breathing". And the trick worked - LaBeouf finished the race in a very creditable four hours and 35 minutes.
His monk chanting aside, Shia LaBeouf recently revealed that he wants to tackle grittier roles in movies. During a recent interview with FHM, the boyfriend of Carey Mulligan said, "I don't know if I'm interested in the blockbuster whimsical stuff any more." He added, "I want to be a little ballsier; balls, blood and death, kind of thing... Not outrageously so, just something a little grittier, with a little more meat to chew on."
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick