Shia LaBeouf Finished Marathon by Listening to Monks' Chanting
Running the Los Angeles marathon was a religious experience for actor Shia LaBeouf - he finished the race by listening to chanting by Tibetan monks. The "Transformers" star was among 25,000 runners who took to the city's streets for the 26.2 mile (42.2 kilometer) race on March 21.
According to U.S. tabloid Star, "(LaBeouf's) trainer suggested he try it because it helps regulate his breathing". And the trick worked - LaBeouf finished the race in a very creditable four hours and 35 minutes.
His monk chanting aside, Shia LaBeouf recently revealed that he wants to tackle grittier roles in movies. During a recent interview with FHM, the boyfriend of Carey Mulligan said, "I don't know if I'm interested in the blockbuster whimsical stuff any more." He added, "I want to be a little ballsier; balls, blood and death, kind of thing... Not outrageously so, just something a little grittier, with a little more meat to chew on."
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake