Shia LaBeouf Finished Marathon by Listening to Monks' Chanting
Running the Los Angeles marathon was a religious experience for actor Shia LaBeouf - he finished the race by listening to chanting by Tibetan monks. The "Transformers" star was among 25,000 runners who took to the city's streets for the 26.2 mile (42.2 kilometer) race on March 21.
According to U.S. tabloid Star, "(LaBeouf's) trainer suggested he try it because it helps regulate his breathing". And the trick worked - LaBeouf finished the race in a very creditable four hours and 35 minutes.
His monk chanting aside, Shia LaBeouf recently revealed that he wants to tackle grittier roles in movies. During a recent interview with FHM, the boyfriend of Carey Mulligan said, "I don't know if I'm interested in the blockbuster whimsical stuff any more." He added, "I want to be a little ballsier; balls, blood and death, kind of thing... Not outrageously so, just something a little grittier, with a little more meat to chew on."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet