'Broken' Jesse James Wants to Keep Marriage With Sandra Bullock
Jesse James is a "broken man" who is desperate for his marriage to Sandra Bullock to survive following allegations he cheated, according to his lawyer. Bullock's success at the Oscars in March was ruined by claims James romanced tattoo model Michelle McGee for 11 months while he was married to "The Blind Side" actress.
Since the accusations, a string of other women have insisted they also have had affairs with the TV personality. James has only spoken publicly about the allegations through a statement in which he apologized for the "pain and embarrassment" he has caused to his actress wife. He checked himself into an Arizona treatment facility at the end of March, although it is not known what he is being treated for.
Now his attorney and pal Joe Yanny has told how the mechanic's world has fallen apart since his alleged sordid affairs were revealed and urges the public to let the couple sort out their problems privately. He tells the Associated Press, "This whole thing has destroyed Jesse's entire universe. Right now, he's a broken man. Jesse is in love with Sandra. The single most important thing to Mr. James and the children is that the marriage somehow survive."
"The allegations back and forth about what happened - those are private matters to be resolved between a husband and a wife. It's not appropriate for a public airing. There are many more significant things in the world that people ought to be talking about and delving in to."
But Yanny insists the embattled star will benefit from the scandal, saying "He certainly will come out of this a better man. I hope he comes out of it with the things in life that he cherishes."
More Sandra Bullock News
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters