Sam Worthington Thought 'Clash of the Titans' Owl Can Ruin His Career
"Avatar" star Sam Worthington lost his cool on the set of "Clash of the Titans" over a mechanical owl. The Aussie actor came to despise Bubo, a replica of the heroic bird which featured in the original 1981 film, and threatened to destroy it when director Louis Leterrier wasn't looking.
The moviemaker tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "Sam couldn't stand the owl. He wanted to destroy it. He kept threatening to drop it. He'd say, 'This is ridiculous! This is a ridiculous thing to have in the movie! You're going to ruin my career with that owl!'" The actor adds, "That owl did not deserve to be in our movie."
In the action fantasy movie, Sam Worthington stars opposite Gemma Arterton, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Jason Flemyng and Nicholas Hoult. The big screen project itself has been released in the U.S. theaters on April 2.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy