Sam Worthington Thought 'Clash of the Titans' Owl Can Ruin His Career
"Avatar" star Sam Worthington lost his cool on the set of "Clash of the Titans" over a mechanical owl. The Aussie actor came to despise Bubo, a replica of the heroic bird which featured in the original 1981 film, and threatened to destroy it when director Louis Leterrier wasn't looking.
The moviemaker tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "Sam couldn't stand the owl. He wanted to destroy it. He kept threatening to drop it. He'd say, 'This is ridiculous! This is a ridiculous thing to have in the movie! You're going to ruin my career with that owl!'" The actor adds, "That owl did not deserve to be in our movie."
In the action fantasy movie, Sam Worthington stars opposite Gemma Arterton, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Jason Flemyng and Nicholas Hoult. The big screen project itself has been released in the U.S. theaters on April 2.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie