Sam Worthington Thought 'Clash of the Titans' Owl Can Ruin His Career
"Avatar" star Sam Worthington lost his cool on the set of "Clash of the Titans" over a mechanical owl. The Aussie actor came to despise Bubo, a replica of the heroic bird which featured in the original 1981 film, and threatened to destroy it when director Louis Leterrier wasn't looking.
The moviemaker tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "Sam couldn't stand the owl. He wanted to destroy it. He kept threatening to drop it. He'd say, 'This is ridiculous! This is a ridiculous thing to have in the movie! You're going to ruin my career with that owl!'" The actor adds, "That owl did not deserve to be in our movie."
In the action fantasy movie, Sam Worthington stars opposite Gemma Arterton, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Jason Flemyng and Nicholas Hoult. The big screen project itself has been released in the U.S. theaters on April 2.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked