Sam Worthington Thought 'Clash of the Titans' Owl Can Ruin His Career
"Avatar" star Sam Worthington lost his cool on the set of "Clash of the Titans" over a mechanical owl. The Aussie actor came to despise Bubo, a replica of the heroic bird which featured in the original 1981 film, and threatened to destroy it when director Louis Leterrier wasn't looking.
The moviemaker tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "Sam couldn't stand the owl. He wanted to destroy it. He kept threatening to drop it. He'd say, 'This is ridiculous! This is a ridiculous thing to have in the movie! You're going to ruin my career with that owl!'" The actor adds, "That owl did not deserve to be in our movie."
In the action fantasy movie, Sam Worthington stars opposite Gemma Arterton, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Jason Flemyng and Nicholas Hoult. The big screen project itself has been released in the U.S. theaters on April 2.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer