John Malkovich Demands 2.2 Million Dollars From Conman
John Malkovich has gone to court in a bid to reclaim the $2.2 million jailed conman Bernie Madoff took from him. The Pascal Sauvage of "Johnny English" lost a fortune as a former client of the infamous schemer and argues the $670,000 he received from the trustees who liquidated Madoff's firm was not nearly enough.
In documents filed in New York on Thursday, April 1, Malkovich argued his trust deserved the cash reflected on his final statement - 11 days before Madoff's 2008 arrest. In the legal papers, obtained by Reuters, the 56-year-old movie star writes, "A customer generally expects to receive what he believes is in his account at the time the stockbroker ceases business."
The full amount Malkovich expects has not been disclosed.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech