Remy Ma May Be Free Sooner Due to Her Positive Appeal
Rapper Remy Ma is moving closer to walking free from New York's notorious Riker's Island prison after receiving positive news regarding her latest appeal for freedom. The hip-hop star was jailed for eight years in May 2008 after she was found guilty of shooting Makeda Barnes Joseph in the abdomen during an altercation in July 2007.
Remy Ma, who maintained her innocence throughout the ordeal, was charged with assault, weapons possession and attempted coercion. Her first appeal fell through in 2009, but a second is giving the hip-hop star a little hope.
Her husband, fellow rapper Papoose, reveals progress is being made in the case and he's eager for Remy's release, so they can live together as a married couple. He says, "I can't speak about it in detail due to legal reasons, but we recently got some great news concerning her second appeal. Let's just say that she's blessed. I highly doubt that she will have to serve the full time."
"If justice is served, then she will come home now. My plan is to see her walk out of that hellhole and get a breath of fresh air, so we can enjoy life." Remy Ma married Papoose in 2008, shortly after she was convicted.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal