Alexa Ray Joel Stunned Fans With Impromptu Concert
Billy Joel's singer daughter Alexa Ray Joel stunned revelers at a New York City lounge during a recent night out, as she took to the stage for an impromptu concert. The 24-year-old star, whose mum is supermodel Christie Brinkley, had warmed up her vocals during a recording session for her upcoming album - but she wanted to showcase her songs and decided to treat the crowd at the Marcel Hotel's Polat Lounge in Manhattan to a surprise set.
According to the New York Post, Joel arrived at the bar with her producer and her band members, and delivered a performance that won her cheers from the audience. Joel's latest album is scheduled to hit shelves in June.
Her impromptu gig aside, Alexa Ray Joel recently shot new advertising commercial in Philadelphia for the iconic shampoo brand Prell as she has been picked as the new Prell Girl. She also wrote and performed her song for the ad. On the commercial spot, Ray Joel stated, "I am honored and excited to be the new Prell Girl especially following in the footsteps of my mom. This is a wonderful opportunity for people to hear my music."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival