Ricky Gervais Certain Jamie Oliver's U.S. TV Show Will Flop
Ricky Gervais is convinced celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's new U.S. TV show about healthy eating is doomed to fail - because Americans enjoy eating foods that make them fat. Oliver has campaigned for years against obesity and unhealthy eating in his native U.K., and now he's attempting to curb poor diet habits with his new U.S. series, "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution".
Comedian Gervais admires Oliver's ambition, but he's certain the chef's new show will flop. "The Office" creator says, "He's (Oliver's) a friend of mine and a fellow Brit. He's over here (in the U.S.) trying to educate fat people on how to eat. His heart's in the right place, but he's got no chance. No way."
"They know what's making them fat - it's all the pies. They know, so that so if you go, 'Those pies are fattening,' they're not going, 'Oh really? I thought it was the jogging.' Fat people don't get fat behind their own backs... They know why they're fat and they like it."
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video