Ricky Gervais Certain Jamie Oliver's U.S. TV Show Will Flop
Ricky Gervais is convinced celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's new U.S. TV show about healthy eating is doomed to fail - because Americans enjoy eating foods that make them fat. Oliver has campaigned for years against obesity and unhealthy eating in his native U.K., and now he's attempting to curb poor diet habits with his new U.S. series, "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution".
Comedian Gervais admires Oliver's ambition, but he's certain the chef's new show will flop. "The Office" creator says, "He's (Oliver's) a friend of mine and a fellow Brit. He's over here (in the U.S.) trying to educate fat people on how to eat. His heart's in the right place, but he's got no chance. No way."
"They know what's making them fat - it's all the pies. They know, so that so if you go, 'Those pies are fattening,' they're not going, 'Oh really? I thought it was the jogging.' Fat people don't get fat behind their own backs... They know why they're fat and they like it."
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors