Ricky Gervais Certain Jamie Oliver's U.S. TV Show Will Flop
Ricky Gervais is convinced celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's new U.S. TV show about healthy eating is doomed to fail - because Americans enjoy eating foods that make them fat. Oliver has campaigned for years against obesity and unhealthy eating in his native U.K., and now he's attempting to curb poor diet habits with his new U.S. series, "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution".
Comedian Gervais admires Oliver's ambition, but he's certain the chef's new show will flop. "The Office" creator says, "He's (Oliver's) a friend of mine and a fellow Brit. He's over here (in the U.S.) trying to educate fat people on how to eat. His heart's in the right place, but he's got no chance. No way."
"They know what's making them fat - it's all the pies. They know, so that so if you go, 'Those pies are fattening,' they're not going, 'Oh really? I thought it was the jogging.' Fat people don't get fat behind their own backs... They know why they're fat and they like it."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent