Ailing Tom Jones Drops Singaporean and Korean Gigs
Legendary singer Tom Jones has scrapped more shows in the Far East after failing to fight off a serious bout of acute laryngitis. The "Delilah" star scrapped two shows in Singapore and the Philippines at the weekend, March 27 and 28, after he was forced to walk off the stage on Friday night, March 26 after just two songs.
Doctors ordered him to rest his voice completely, and his rep insisted the star would reschedule the shows for the following week. But Jones has now canceled a concert in Singapore on Thursday, April 1, as well as Saturday's, April 3 gig in Korea.
A statement on his website says, "Sir Tom could risk serious permanent damage to his vocals (if he performed). We are deeply sorry for disappointing and inconveniencing the fans." The statement advises fans to get a refund from the point of purchase.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service