Ailing Tom Jones Drops Singaporean and Korean Gigs
Legendary singer Tom Jones has scrapped more shows in the Far East after failing to fight off a serious bout of acute laryngitis. The "Delilah" star scrapped two shows in Singapore and the Philippines at the weekend, March 27 and 28, after he was forced to walk off the stage on Friday night, March 26 after just two songs.
Doctors ordered him to rest his voice completely, and his rep insisted the star would reschedule the shows for the following week. But Jones has now canceled a concert in Singapore on Thursday, April 1, as well as Saturday's, April 3 gig in Korea.
A statement on his website says, "Sir Tom could risk serious permanent damage to his vocals (if he performed). We are deeply sorry for disappointing and inconveniencing the fans." The statement advises fans to get a refund from the point of purchase.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences