Ailing Tom Jones Drops Singaporean and Korean Gigs
Legendary singer Tom Jones has scrapped more shows in the Far East after failing to fight off a serious bout of acute laryngitis. The "Delilah" star scrapped two shows in Singapore and the Philippines at the weekend, March 27 and 28, after he was forced to walk off the stage on Friday night, March 26 after just two songs.
Doctors ordered him to rest his voice completely, and his rep insisted the star would reschedule the shows for the following week. But Jones has now canceled a concert in Singapore on Thursday, April 1, as well as Saturday's, April 3 gig in Korea.
A statement on his website says, "Sir Tom could risk serious permanent damage to his vocals (if he performed). We are deeply sorry for disappointing and inconveniencing the fans." The statement advises fans to get a refund from the point of purchase.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'