Ailing Tom Jones Drops Singaporean and Korean Gigs
Legendary singer Tom Jones has scrapped more shows in the Far East after failing to fight off a serious bout of acute laryngitis. The "Delilah" star scrapped two shows in Singapore and the Philippines at the weekend, March 27 and 28, after he was forced to walk off the stage on Friday night, March 26 after just two songs.
Doctors ordered him to rest his voice completely, and his rep insisted the star would reschedule the shows for the following week. But Jones has now canceled a concert in Singapore on Thursday, April 1, as well as Saturday's, April 3 gig in Korea.
A statement on his website says, "Sir Tom could risk serious permanent damage to his vocals (if he performed). We are deeply sorry for disappointing and inconveniencing the fans." The statement advises fans to get a refund from the point of purchase.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent