Ailing Tom Jones Drops Singaporean and Korean Gigs
Legendary singer Tom Jones has scrapped more shows in the Far East after failing to fight off a serious bout of acute laryngitis. The "Delilah" star scrapped two shows in Singapore and the Philippines at the weekend, March 27 and 28, after he was forced to walk off the stage on Friday night, March 26 after just two songs.
Doctors ordered him to rest his voice completely, and his rep insisted the star would reschedule the shows for the following week. But Jones has now canceled a concert in Singapore on Thursday, April 1, as well as Saturday's, April 3 gig in Korea.
A statement on his website says, "Sir Tom could risk serious permanent damage to his vocals (if he performed). We are deeply sorry for disappointing and inconveniencing the fans." The statement advises fans to get a refund from the point of purchase.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo