Elton John to Write Another Musical
Elton John is planning a return to the stage - the "Rocket Man" is ready to write another musical. The singer has previously composed scores for theater hits "Aida" and the "Lion King", as well as "Billy Elliot the Musical", based on the 2000 film, and insists he is eager to begin working on another theater project.
He tells Britain's GMTV, "I'm in the right mood to write a musical now. It's been a long time since I wrote 'Billy Elliot' and then I had a musical called 'Lestat' which ran for about four months, and closed... It was about vampires, which are very en vogue but they weren't (then). I've had my flops as well as my hits but I'm ready to write again. I have no idea what it's going to be about (but) not about bats!"
But the star admits being a part of live stage shows can be nerve-wracking, stating "When you're in the audience, you're not in control. When I go on stage, I'm totally in control of what I do and if anything goes wrong I'm in control of that. If you're sitting in the audience and something goes wrong - actors forget their lines or something goes wrong with the music - you're sitting there thinking, 'Please God, please God'."
More Elton John News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen