Elton John to Write Another Musical
Elton John is planning a return to the stage - the "Rocket Man" is ready to write another musical. The singer has previously composed scores for theater hits "Aida" and the "Lion King", as well as "Billy Elliot the Musical", based on the 2000 film, and insists he is eager to begin working on another theater project.
He tells Britain's GMTV, "I'm in the right mood to write a musical now. It's been a long time since I wrote 'Billy Elliot' and then I had a musical called 'Lestat' which ran for about four months, and closed... It was about vampires, which are very en vogue but they weren't (then). I've had my flops as well as my hits but I'm ready to write again. I have no idea what it's going to be about (but) not about bats!"
But the star admits being a part of live stage shows can be nerve-wracking, stating "When you're in the audience, you're not in control. When I go on stage, I'm totally in control of what I do and if anything goes wrong I'm in control of that. If you're sitting in the audience and something goes wrong - actors forget their lines or something goes wrong with the music - you're sitting there thinking, 'Please God, please God'."
More Elton John News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle