Janet Jackson Still Finds It Hard to Listen to Michael Jackson's Music
Janet Jackson is still struggling to come to terms with the death of her brother Michael Jackson and refuses to listen to his music, nine months after the King of Pop's tragic passing. The R&B superstar was left devastated when her beloved brother suffered a fatal cardiac arrest in June 2009 and she subsequently shunned all media coverage in a bid to grieve in peace.
And the singer/actress confesses she has been avoiding all of Michael's songs because it's too painful to hear his voice or see his face in photos. She tells People magazine, "I couldn't listen to my brother's music. That's still hard for me to do. Or to see a picture."
Her grief aside, Janet Jackson has recently been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is set to close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2 which will also become her first full performance since Michael Jackson's death.
More Janet Jackson News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show