Janet Jackson Still Finds It Hard to Listen to Michael Jackson's Music
Janet Jackson is still struggling to come to terms with the death of her brother Michael Jackson and refuses to listen to his music, nine months after the King of Pop's tragic passing. The R&B superstar was left devastated when her beloved brother suffered a fatal cardiac arrest in June 2009 and she subsequently shunned all media coverage in a bid to grieve in peace.
And the singer/actress confesses she has been avoiding all of Michael's songs because it's too painful to hear his voice or see his face in photos. She tells People magazine, "I couldn't listen to my brother's music. That's still hard for me to do. Or to see a picture."
Her grief aside, Janet Jackson has recently been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is set to close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2 which will also become her first full performance since Michael Jackson's death.
More Janet Jackson News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'