Janet Jackson Still Finds It Hard to Listen to Michael Jackson's Music
Janet Jackson is still struggling to come to terms with the death of her brother Michael Jackson and refuses to listen to his music, nine months after the King of Pop's tragic passing. The R&B superstar was left devastated when her beloved brother suffered a fatal cardiac arrest in June 2009 and she subsequently shunned all media coverage in a bid to grieve in peace.
And the singer/actress confesses she has been avoiding all of Michael's songs because it's too painful to hear his voice or see his face in photos. She tells People magazine, "I couldn't listen to my brother's music. That's still hard for me to do. Or to see a picture."
Her grief aside, Janet Jackson has recently been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is set to close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2 which will also become her first full performance since Michael Jackson's death.
More Janet Jackson News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour