Janet Jackson Still Finds It Hard to Listen to Michael Jackson's Music
Janet Jackson is still struggling to come to terms with the death of her brother Michael Jackson and refuses to listen to his music, nine months after the King of Pop's tragic passing. The R&B superstar was left devastated when her beloved brother suffered a fatal cardiac arrest in June 2009 and she subsequently shunned all media coverage in a bid to grieve in peace.
And the singer/actress confesses she has been avoiding all of Michael's songs because it's too painful to hear his voice or see his face in photos. She tells People magazine, "I couldn't listen to my brother's music. That's still hard for me to do. Or to see a picture."
Her grief aside, Janet Jackson has recently been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is set to close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2 which will also become her first full performance since Michael Jackson's death.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'