Janet Jackson Still Finds It Hard to Listen to Michael Jackson's Music
Janet Jackson is still struggling to come to terms with the death of her brother Michael Jackson and refuses to listen to his music, nine months after the King of Pop's tragic passing. The R&B superstar was left devastated when her beloved brother suffered a fatal cardiac arrest in June 2009 and she subsequently shunned all media coverage in a bid to grieve in peace.
And the singer/actress confesses she has been avoiding all of Michael's songs because it's too painful to hear his voice or see his face in photos. She tells People magazine, "I couldn't listen to my brother's music. That's still hard for me to do. Or to see a picture."
Her grief aside, Janet Jackson has recently been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is set to close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2 which will also become her first full performance since Michael Jackson's death.
More Janet Jackson News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal