Changing Record Label Makes Jennifer Lopez Excited
Jennifer Lopez is delighted she quit her record label - because the change signals a "new beginning" for her. The singer revealed earlier this year she was leaving Sony's Epic Records after 11 years, despite plans to release a seventh album through the label in April.
It was announced on Wednesday, March 31 she had joined Island Def Jam, which also boasts superstars Rihanna and Mariah Carey. And Lopez is excited for the future, insisting she feels just as motivated about her career now as she did when she first started out in showbiz.
She tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I feel like it's a new beginning. It's a bit like when I was a teenager about to embark on this career but it's much more challenging, difficult and harder. I have so much more experience now but I feel just as fresh as I did back then and I'm excited about my life."
"I won't stop doing what I do. Maybe I'll get to a point where I'm tired and feel I've done enough, but right now I see myself always working and expressing myself - whether in music or movies or fashion or whatever. That's what I love to do."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story