Changing Record Label Makes Jennifer Lopez Excited
Jennifer Lopez is delighted she quit her record label - because the change signals a "new beginning" for her. The singer revealed earlier this year she was leaving Sony's Epic Records after 11 years, despite plans to release a seventh album through the label in April.
It was announced on Wednesday, March 31 she had joined Island Def Jam, which also boasts superstars Rihanna and Mariah Carey. And Lopez is excited for the future, insisting she feels just as motivated about her career now as she did when she first started out in showbiz.
She tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I feel like it's a new beginning. It's a bit like when I was a teenager about to embark on this career but it's much more challenging, difficult and harder. I have so much more experience now but I feel just as fresh as I did back then and I'm excited about my life."
"I won't stop doing what I do. Maybe I'll get to a point where I'm tired and feel I've done enough, but right now I see myself always working and expressing myself - whether in music or movies or fashion or whatever. That's what I love to do."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection