Tan Product Turned Sam Worthington Green on 'Clash of the Titans' Shoot
Sam Worthington suffered an embarrassing style disaster on the set of the new "Clash of the Titans" film - fake tan products turned him green. The "Avatar" actor plays hero Perseus in the big budget remake of the cult 1981 film, which is based on Greek mythology.
Producers wanted the pale-skinned star to appear darker and lathered him in fake tan for the duration of filming - but the end result left Worthington cringing. He tells Britain's Live From Studio Five, "That was horrible (fake tanning). That was the hardest part of it."
"I'm a pale Australian, which is an oxymoron in itself. I did try to get tanned and then I peeled like Ralph Fiennes in 'The English Patient', so I loofah'd (scrubbed) it off - and it went green!"
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival