Tan Product Turned Sam Worthington Green on 'Clash of the Titans' Shoot
Sam Worthington suffered an embarrassing style disaster on the set of the new "Clash of the Titans" film - fake tan products turned him green. The "Avatar" actor plays hero Perseus in the big budget remake of the cult 1981 film, which is based on Greek mythology.
Producers wanted the pale-skinned star to appear darker and lathered him in fake tan for the duration of filming - but the end result left Worthington cringing. He tells Britain's Live From Studio Five, "That was horrible (fake tanning). That was the hardest part of it."
"I'm a pale Australian, which is an oxymoron in itself. I did try to get tanned and then I peeled like Ralph Fiennes in 'The English Patient', so I loofah'd (scrubbed) it off - and it went green!"
More Sam Worthington News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl