Tan Product Turned Sam Worthington Green on 'Clash of the Titans' Shoot
Sam Worthington suffered an embarrassing style disaster on the set of the new "Clash of the Titans" film - fake tan products turned him green. The "Avatar" actor plays hero Perseus in the big budget remake of the cult 1981 film, which is based on Greek mythology.
Producers wanted the pale-skinned star to appear darker and lathered him in fake tan for the duration of filming - but the end result left Worthington cringing. He tells Britain's Live From Studio Five, "That was horrible (fake tanning). That was the hardest part of it."
"I'm a pale Australian, which is an oxymoron in itself. I did try to get tanned and then I peeled like Ralph Fiennes in 'The English Patient', so I loofah'd (scrubbed) it off - and it went green!"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'