Tan Product Turned Sam Worthington Green on 'Clash of the Titans' Shoot
Sam Worthington suffered an embarrassing style disaster on the set of the new "Clash of the Titans" film - fake tan products turned him green. The "Avatar" actor plays hero Perseus in the big budget remake of the cult 1981 film, which is based on Greek mythology.
Producers wanted the pale-skinned star to appear darker and lathered him in fake tan for the duration of filming - but the end result left Worthington cringing. He tells Britain's Live From Studio Five, "That was horrible (fake tanning). That was the hardest part of it."
"I'm a pale Australian, which is an oxymoron in itself. I did try to get tanned and then I peeled like Ralph Fiennes in 'The English Patient', so I loofah'd (scrubbed) it off - and it went green!"
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards