Madonna's Eldest Daughter Pursues Dream to Become an Actress
Madonna is beaming with pride after learning her daughter Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon has been accepted into a top performing arts school. The pop superstar's eldest child, from her relationship with personal trainer Carlos Leon, has previously expressed her desire to become an actress, and lost out on the chance to appear as a Hogwarts student in a "Harry Potter" movie after being banned by her famous mum.
Madonna has since relented and is happy for the 13-year-old to follow her into the limelight - and the proud mother reveals Lourdes has now landed a place studying what she loves best. She tells Us Weekly magazine, "She just got into a performing arts high school and is majoring in drama. She wants to be an actress. I'm not pushing her in any area. I just urge her to take whatever she does seriously."
The name of the school has not been revealed but it is believed to be located in the singer's native New York, which she has made her home base following her 2008 divorce from British director Guy Ritchie. Madonna has also reportedly cast Lourdes in a small role in her upcoming movie about late British royal King Edward VIII, which she plans to direct.
More Madonna News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen