Madonna's Eldest Daughter Pursues Dream to Become an Actress
Madonna is beaming with pride after learning her daughter Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon has been accepted into a top performing arts school. The pop superstar's eldest child, from her relationship with personal trainer Carlos Leon, has previously expressed her desire to become an actress, and lost out on the chance to appear as a Hogwarts student in a "Harry Potter" movie after being banned by her famous mum.
Madonna has since relented and is happy for the 13-year-old to follow her into the limelight - and the proud mother reveals Lourdes has now landed a place studying what she loves best. She tells Us Weekly magazine, "She just got into a performing arts high school and is majoring in drama. She wants to be an actress. I'm not pushing her in any area. I just urge her to take whatever she does seriously."
The name of the school has not been revealed but it is believed to be located in the singer's native New York, which she has made her home base following her 2008 divorce from British director Guy Ritchie. Madonna has also reportedly cast Lourdes in a small role in her upcoming movie about late British royal King Edward VIII, which she plans to direct.
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert