'Modern Family' and 'Glee' Are Top Winners at Peabody Awards
Hit U.S. TV shows "Modern Family" and "Glee" and British drama "The Day that Lehman Died" were among top winners at the 69th Annual Peabody Awards. The 2009 winners, recognized for excellence in radio, television, cable and electronic media, were announced at the University of Georgia on Wednesday, March 31. No specific categories are awarded.
Other honorees include, The Sundance Channel's "Brick City", "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson", and HBO's "In Treatment", "The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" and "Thrilla in Manila". SesameStreet.org and the National Public Radio's website were also named as online winners.
Additionally, KBS1 TV's "Noodle Road: Connecting Asia's Kitchens", ABC's "A Hidden America: Children of the Mountains", CBS' "The Cost of Dying" and PBS' "Independent Lens: Between the Folds" and "Inventing LA: The Chandlers and Their Times" were also among the winners.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa