'Modern Family' and 'Glee' Are Top Winners at Peabody Awards
Hit U.S. TV shows "Modern Family" and "Glee" and British drama "The Day that Lehman Died" were among top winners at the 69th Annual Peabody Awards. The 2009 winners, recognized for excellence in radio, television, cable and electronic media, were announced at the University of Georgia on Wednesday, March 31. No specific categories are awarded.
Other honorees include, The Sundance Channel's "Brick City", "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson", and HBO's "In Treatment", "The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" and "Thrilla in Manila". SesameStreet.org and the National Public Radio's website were also named as online winners.
Additionally, KBS1 TV's "Noodle Road: Connecting Asia's Kitchens", ABC's "A Hidden America: Children of the Mountains", CBS' "The Cost of Dying" and PBS' "Independent Lens: Between the Folds" and "Inventing LA: The Chandlers and Their Times" were also among the winners.
More Modern Family News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story