'Modern Family' and 'Glee' Are Top Winners at Peabody Awards
Hit U.S. TV shows "Modern Family" and "Glee" and British drama "The Day that Lehman Died" were among top winners at the 69th Annual Peabody Awards. The 2009 winners, recognized for excellence in radio, television, cable and electronic media, were announced at the University of Georgia on Wednesday, March 31. No specific categories are awarded.
Other honorees include, The Sundance Channel's "Brick City", "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson", and HBO's "In Treatment", "The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" and "Thrilla in Manila". SesameStreet.org and the National Public Radio's website were also named as online winners.
Additionally, KBS1 TV's "Noodle Road: Connecting Asia's Kitchens", ABC's "A Hidden America: Children of the Mountains", CBS' "The Cost of Dying" and PBS' "Independent Lens: Between the Folds" and "Inventing LA: The Chandlers and Their Times" were also among the winners.
More Modern Family News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart