'Modern Family' and 'Glee' Are Top Winners at Peabody Awards
Hit U.S. TV shows "Modern Family" and "Glee" and British drama "The Day that Lehman Died" were among top winners at the 69th Annual Peabody Awards. The 2009 winners, recognized for excellence in radio, television, cable and electronic media, were announced at the University of Georgia on Wednesday, March 31. No specific categories are awarded.
Other honorees include, The Sundance Channel's "Brick City", "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson", and HBO's "In Treatment", "The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" and "Thrilla in Manila". SesameStreet.org and the National Public Radio's website were also named as online winners.
Additionally, KBS1 TV's "Noodle Road: Connecting Asia's Kitchens", ABC's "A Hidden America: Children of the Mountains", CBS' "The Cost of Dying" and PBS' "Independent Lens: Between the Folds" and "Inventing LA: The Chandlers and Their Times" were also among the winners.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video