LL Cool J's Interview Removed From Sarah Palin's TV Ad
Fox TV executives have cut LL Cool J's appearance in a new ad for former Alaska Governor and U.S. vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin's new TV special after complaints from the rapper. The hitmaker was upset when he heard an old interview with him was being used to promote Palin's "Real American Stories".
Palin has signed up as a correspondent for U.S. network Fox, and she'll also front her own show, which tells the life story of well-known Americans like LL Cool J and country singer Toby Keith. Promos for the show previewed clips of an interview the rapper purportedly gave to Palin, in which he describes how his family "is very pro-American".
But the star insists the interview is two years old and did not involve Palin - and he has accused the former politician and Fox bosses of "misrepresenting to the public". On his Twitter page, he writes, "Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else & are misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palin's Show."
Following his objections, network bosses have removed the footage featuring the rap star and actor, real name James Todd Smith, from the ad. A network statement reads, " 'Real American Stories' features uplifting tales about overcoming adversity and we believe Mr. Smith's interview fits that criteria."
"However, as it appears that Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career." The series debuts on U.S. TV on Thursday, April 1.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences