Ricky Martin Thankful for Fans' Support Following His Gay Confession
Ricky martin has thanked his loyal fans for their support following his announcement that he is gay. The Latino star ended years of speculation about his sexuality on Monday, March 29 by revealing he's a "proud homosexual" in a statement on his official site.
Officials at leading gay rights group the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) saluted his decision to 'come out', and his dedicated fans have been equally as supportive.
Martin took to his Twitter.com page on Tuesday, March 30 to thank the public for their acceptance. He writes, "What's going on gang? I'm doing great! Stronger than ever! I'm here relaxing @ home enjoying ur messages! I feel the love! Thanx for all! Peace."
Ricky Martin made headlines when he "came out of the closet" earlier this week. "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am," he said in a statement.
More Ricky Martin News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'