Ricky Martin Thankful for Fans' Support Following His Gay Confession
Ricky martin has thanked his loyal fans for their support following his announcement that he is gay. The Latino star ended years of speculation about his sexuality on Monday, March 29 by revealing he's a "proud homosexual" in a statement on his official site.
Officials at leading gay rights group the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) saluted his decision to 'come out', and his dedicated fans have been equally as supportive.
Martin took to his Twitter.com page on Tuesday, March 30 to thank the public for their acceptance. He writes, "What's going on gang? I'm doing great! Stronger than ever! I'm here relaxing @ home enjoying ur messages! I feel the love! Thanx for all! Peace."
Ricky Martin made headlines when he "came out of the closet" earlier this week. "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am," he said in a statement.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting