Ricky Martin Thankful for Fans' Support Following His Gay Confession
Ricky martin has thanked his loyal fans for their support following his announcement that he is gay. The Latino star ended years of speculation about his sexuality on Monday, March 29 by revealing he's a "proud homosexual" in a statement on his official site.
Officials at leading gay rights group the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) saluted his decision to 'come out', and his dedicated fans have been equally as supportive.
Martin took to his Twitter.com page on Tuesday, March 30 to thank the public for their acceptance. He writes, "What's going on gang? I'm doing great! Stronger than ever! I'm here relaxing @ home enjoying ur messages! I feel the love! Thanx for all! Peace."
Ricky Martin made headlines when he "came out of the closet" earlier this week. "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am," he said in a statement.
More Ricky Martin News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'