Ricky Martin Thankful for Fans' Support Following His Gay Confession
Ricky martin has thanked his loyal fans for their support following his announcement that he is gay. The Latino star ended years of speculation about his sexuality on Monday, March 29 by revealing he's a "proud homosexual" in a statement on his official site.
Officials at leading gay rights group the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) saluted his decision to 'come out', and his dedicated fans have been equally as supportive.
Martin took to his Twitter.com page on Tuesday, March 30 to thank the public for their acceptance. He writes, "What's going on gang? I'm doing great! Stronger than ever! I'm here relaxing @ home enjoying ur messages! I feel the love! Thanx for all! Peace."
Ricky Martin made headlines when he "came out of the closet" earlier this week. "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am," he said in a statement.
More Ricky Martin News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?