Diego Maradona Recovering From Dog Attack
Soccer legend Diego Maradona underwent emergency surgery on Tuesday, March 30 after he was mauled by his beloved pet dog. The sports star was rushed to hospital in Buenos Aires, Argentina after his Chinese Shar Pei pooch attacked him.
Maradona received treatment after suffering bites to his face, mouth and lip, according to Britain's The Sun. Despite his injuries, Maradona was released from the Buenos Aires Los Arcos clinic later that day. His spokesperson says, "He's already at home and he's in good spirits."
Maradona is, in fact, a frequent visitor of hospital. Beside his injuries in his golden days, the retiring pro was hospitalized in 2007 for toxic hepatitis from drinking. Three years later he almost died out of cocaine-induced heart problems.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group