Diego Maradona Recovering From Dog Attack
Soccer legend Diego Maradona underwent emergency surgery on Tuesday, March 30 after he was mauled by his beloved pet dog. The sports star was rushed to hospital in Buenos Aires, Argentina after his Chinese Shar Pei pooch attacked him.
Maradona received treatment after suffering bites to his face, mouth and lip, according to Britain's The Sun. Despite his injuries, Maradona was released from the Buenos Aires Los Arcos clinic later that day. His spokesperson says, "He's already at home and he's in good spirits."
Maradona is, in fact, a frequent visitor of hospital. Beside his injuries in his golden days, the retiring pro was hospitalized in 2007 for toxic hepatitis from drinking. Three years later he almost died out of cocaine-induced heart problems.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones