Diego Maradona Recovering From Dog Attack
Soccer legend Diego Maradona underwent emergency surgery on Tuesday, March 30 after he was mauled by his beloved pet dog. The sports star was rushed to hospital in Buenos Aires, Argentina after his Chinese Shar Pei pooch attacked him.
Maradona received treatment after suffering bites to his face, mouth and lip, according to Britain's The Sun. Despite his injuries, Maradona was released from the Buenos Aires Los Arcos clinic later that day. His spokesperson says, "He's already at home and he's in good spirits."
Maradona is, in fact, a frequent visitor of hospital. Beside his injuries in his golden days, the retiring pro was hospitalized in 2007 for toxic hepatitis from drinking. Three years later he almost died out of cocaine-induced heart problems.
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces