Lindsay Lohan's Dad Believes His Divorce Made Her Wild
Michael Lohan is convinced the breakdown of his marriage pushed daughter Lindsay Lohan into her alleged prescription drug habit - because she never needed medication before he and his ex-wife Dina split. The actress made her name in kids' movies, including Disney's remake of "The Parent Trap", and became a household name for her turn in 2004's "Mean Girls".
But, as her parents' marriage faltered and then ended in divorce in 2007, Lohan turned to partying to help her through the difficult time, according to her father Michael. He's sure that his daughter was prescribed medication as a coping mechanism - but he's convinced she never needed it in the first place.
At a press conference he staged on Tuesday, March 30, Michael explained, "When Lindsay started acting until the pinnacle of her career she never needed a prescription drug. During our divorce she partied a bit and then she was prescribed meds (medication). Lindsay doesn't need it, but she's become addicted to it. When you combine that with non-legal drugs and alcohol it can become toxic and cost you your life."
And Michael is determined to do what it takes to help Lindsay - even if it means the actress ends up hating him. He adds, "I've heard things lately I never wanted to hear in my life and I'm not gonna let it happen anymore. I don't care what she thinks of me now, what consequences I have to pay. She may hate me now but she'll love me later when she has her life back. That's all I care about."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'
- SyFy's Krypton First Epic Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Comic-Con: 'Doctor Doom' Solo Movie in the Works From 'Legion' Creator
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Listen to Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha's Emotional Duet 'Back to You'