Lindsay Lohan's Dad Believes His Divorce Made Her Wild
Michael Lohan is convinced the breakdown of his marriage pushed daughter Lindsay Lohan into her alleged prescription drug habit - because she never needed medication before he and his ex-wife Dina split. The actress made her name in kids' movies, including Disney's remake of "The Parent Trap", and became a household name for her turn in 2004's "Mean Girls".
But, as her parents' marriage faltered and then ended in divorce in 2007, Lohan turned to partying to help her through the difficult time, according to her father Michael. He's sure that his daughter was prescribed medication as a coping mechanism - but he's convinced she never needed it in the first place.
At a press conference he staged on Tuesday, March 30, Michael explained, "When Lindsay started acting until the pinnacle of her career she never needed a prescription drug. During our divorce she partied a bit and then she was prescribed meds (medication). Lindsay doesn't need it, but she's become addicted to it. When you combine that with non-legal drugs and alcohol it can become toxic and cost you your life."
And Michael is determined to do what it takes to help Lindsay - even if it means the actress ends up hating him. He adds, "I've heard things lately I never wanted to hear in my life and I'm not gonna let it happen anymore. I don't care what she thinks of me now, what consequences I have to pay. She may hate me now but she'll love me later when she has her life back. That's all I care about."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'