Lindsay Lohan's Dad Believes His Divorce Made Her Wild
Michael Lohan is convinced the breakdown of his marriage pushed daughter Lindsay Lohan into her alleged prescription drug habit - because she never needed medication before he and his ex-wife Dina split. The actress made her name in kids' movies, including Disney's remake of "The Parent Trap", and became a household name for her turn in 2004's "Mean Girls".
But, as her parents' marriage faltered and then ended in divorce in 2007, Lohan turned to partying to help her through the difficult time, according to her father Michael. He's sure that his daughter was prescribed medication as a coping mechanism - but he's convinced she never needed it in the first place.
At a press conference he staged on Tuesday, March 30, Michael explained, "When Lindsay started acting until the pinnacle of her career she never needed a prescription drug. During our divorce she partied a bit and then she was prescribed meds (medication). Lindsay doesn't need it, but she's become addicted to it. When you combine that with non-legal drugs and alcohol it can become toxic and cost you your life."
And Michael is determined to do what it takes to help Lindsay - even if it means the actress ends up hating him. He adds, "I've heard things lately I never wanted to hear in my life and I'm not gonna let it happen anymore. I don't care what she thinks of me now, what consequences I have to pay. She may hate me now but she'll love me later when she has her life back. That's all I care about."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group