Lindsay Lohan's Dad Believes His Divorce Made Her Wild
Michael Lohan is convinced the breakdown of his marriage pushed daughter Lindsay Lohan into her alleged prescription drug habit - because she never needed medication before he and his ex-wife Dina split. The actress made her name in kids' movies, including Disney's remake of "The Parent Trap", and became a household name for her turn in 2004's "Mean Girls".
But, as her parents' marriage faltered and then ended in divorce in 2007, Lohan turned to partying to help her through the difficult time, according to her father Michael. He's sure that his daughter was prescribed medication as a coping mechanism - but he's convinced she never needed it in the first place.
At a press conference he staged on Tuesday, March 30, Michael explained, "When Lindsay started acting until the pinnacle of her career she never needed a prescription drug. During our divorce she partied a bit and then she was prescribed meds (medication). Lindsay doesn't need it, but she's become addicted to it. When you combine that with non-legal drugs and alcohol it can become toxic and cost you your life."
And Michael is determined to do what it takes to help Lindsay - even if it means the actress ends up hating him. He adds, "I've heard things lately I never wanted to hear in my life and I'm not gonna let it happen anymore. I don't care what she thinks of me now, what consequences I have to pay. She may hate me now but she'll love me later when she has her life back. That's all I care about."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'