Janet Jackson Among Headliners of Essence Music Fest
Janet Jackson has been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. The reclusive pop superstar will close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2.
It will be the "Nasty" singer's first full performance since 2008 - and her first since the death of her brother Michael Jackson.
Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys have already been confirmed as the other headliners. Arrested Development, Estelle, Lalah Hathaway, LL Cool J, Mint Condition, Monica and Ruben Studdard are also on the bill.
Janet Jackson has a new song called "Nothing" recently coming out in digital retailers. The track is recorded for her new movie "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and will probably be performed live during the upcoming gig.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked