Janet Jackson Among Headliners of Essence Music Fest
Janet Jackson has been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. The reclusive pop superstar will close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2.
It will be the "Nasty" singer's first full performance since 2008 - and her first since the death of her brother Michael Jackson.
Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys have already been confirmed as the other headliners. Arrested Development, Estelle, Lalah Hathaway, LL Cool J, Mint Condition, Monica and Ruben Studdard are also on the bill.
Janet Jackson has a new song called "Nothing" recently coming out in digital retailers. The track is recorded for her new movie "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and will probably be performed live during the upcoming gig.
More Janet Jackson News
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri