Janet Jackson Among Headliners of Essence Music Fest
Janet Jackson has been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. The reclusive pop superstar will close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2.
It will be the "Nasty" singer's first full performance since 2008 - and her first since the death of her brother Michael Jackson.
Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys have already been confirmed as the other headliners. Arrested Development, Estelle, Lalah Hathaway, LL Cool J, Mint Condition, Monica and Ruben Studdard are also on the bill.
Janet Jackson has a new song called "Nothing" recently coming out in digital retailers. The track is recorded for her new movie "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and will probably be performed live during the upcoming gig.
More Janet Jackson News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary