Janet Jackson Among Headliners of Essence Music Fest
Janet Jackson has been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. The reclusive pop superstar will close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2.
It will be the "Nasty" singer's first full performance since 2008 - and her first since the death of her brother Michael Jackson.
Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys have already been confirmed as the other headliners. Arrested Development, Estelle, Lalah Hathaway, LL Cool J, Mint Condition, Monica and Ruben Studdard are also on the bill.
Janet Jackson has a new song called "Nothing" recently coming out in digital retailers. The track is recorded for her new movie "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and will probably be performed live during the upcoming gig.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers