Janet Jackson Among Headliners of Essence Music Fest
Janet Jackson has been named the headliner of this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana. The reclusive pop superstar will close the opening night of the weekend event on July 2.
It will be the "Nasty" singer's first full performance since 2008 - and her first since the death of her brother Michael Jackson.
Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys have already been confirmed as the other headliners. Arrested Development, Estelle, Lalah Hathaway, LL Cool J, Mint Condition, Monica and Ruben Studdard are also on the bill.
Janet Jackson has a new song called "Nothing" recently coming out in digital retailers. The track is recorded for her new movie "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and will probably be performed live during the upcoming gig.
More Janet Jackson News
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting