Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman Pointed as Godparents of Rupert Murdoch's Girls
Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman have been named the godparents of media mogul Rupert Murdoch's two young daughters. The "Australia" co-stars helped celebrate the baptism of Grace, eight, and Chloe, six, the billionaire's daughters with wife Wendi Deng, in a ceremony at what is believed to be the baptism site of Jesus Christ beside the River Jordan.
The event was hosted by Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah, who invited Jackman, Kidman and the Murdochs for a three-day tour of her country after the christening. The group, which also included Kidman's husband Keith Urban and Ivanka Trump, sat down for a special dinner before visiting the ancient city of Petra, Wadi Rum and the oxygen-rich Dead Sea.
The royal tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I am happy to be sharing this land that I love with my friends. We're a small country but we're rich with history and culture... Our guests were blown away by the diversity and depth of what Jordan has to offer but, most of all, they told me they were taken in by the warmth and kindness of our people."
More Hugh Jackman News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal