Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman Pointed as Godparents of Rupert Murdoch's Girls
Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman have been named the godparents of media mogul Rupert Murdoch's two young daughters. The "Australia" co-stars helped celebrate the baptism of Grace, eight, and Chloe, six, the billionaire's daughters with wife Wendi Deng, in a ceremony at what is believed to be the baptism site of Jesus Christ beside the River Jordan.
The event was hosted by Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah, who invited Jackman, Kidman and the Murdochs for a three-day tour of her country after the christening. The group, which also included Kidman's husband Keith Urban and Ivanka Trump, sat down for a special dinner before visiting the ancient city of Petra, Wadi Rum and the oxygen-rich Dead Sea.
The royal tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I am happy to be sharing this land that I love with my friends. We're a small country but we're rich with history and culture... Our guests were blown away by the diversity and depth of what Jordan has to offer but, most of all, they told me they were taken in by the warmth and kindness of our people."
More Hugh Jackman News
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music