Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman Pointed as Godparents of Rupert Murdoch's Girls
Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman have been named the godparents of media mogul Rupert Murdoch's two young daughters. The "Australia" co-stars helped celebrate the baptism of Grace, eight, and Chloe, six, the billionaire's daughters with wife Wendi Deng, in a ceremony at what is believed to be the baptism site of Jesus Christ beside the River Jordan.
The event was hosted by Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah, who invited Jackman, Kidman and the Murdochs for a three-day tour of her country after the christening. The group, which also included Kidman's husband Keith Urban and Ivanka Trump, sat down for a special dinner before visiting the ancient city of Petra, Wadi Rum and the oxygen-rich Dead Sea.
The royal tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I am happy to be sharing this land that I love with my friends. We're a small country but we're rich with history and culture... Our guests were blown away by the diversity and depth of what Jordan has to offer but, most of all, they told me they were taken in by the warmth and kindness of our people."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics