Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman Pointed as Godparents of Rupert Murdoch's Girls
Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman have been named the godparents of media mogul Rupert Murdoch's two young daughters. The "Australia" co-stars helped celebrate the baptism of Grace, eight, and Chloe, six, the billionaire's daughters with wife Wendi Deng, in a ceremony at what is believed to be the baptism site of Jesus Christ beside the River Jordan.
The event was hosted by Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah, who invited Jackman, Kidman and the Murdochs for a three-day tour of her country after the christening. The group, which also included Kidman's husband Keith Urban and Ivanka Trump, sat down for a special dinner before visiting the ancient city of Petra, Wadi Rum and the oxygen-rich Dead Sea.
The royal tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I am happy to be sharing this land that I love with my friends. We're a small country but we're rich with history and culture... Our guests were blown away by the diversity and depth of what Jordan has to offer but, most of all, they told me they were taken in by the warmth and kindness of our people."
More Hugh Jackman News
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef