Madonna's Daughter Does All the Work in Clothing Line
Madonna recruited her teenage daughter Lourdes to help out on her new fashion line because she couldn't handle the heavy workload on her own. The pop superstar is set to launch Material Girl, a special range of clothes for juniors under her own style empire MG Icon.
Madonna, who previously created a clothing line for high street retailer H&M, is making the new label a family affair by teaming up with Lourdes - and she admits the venture would not have come to fruition had she not asked her eldest child to help.
She tells Us Weekly magazine, "I did a line for H&M, which I enjoyed, but it was a lot of work. I thought, I don't want to give up the rest of my careers, so I'm not going to do my own line again. But I have a 13-year-old with tireless energy who wanted to do this. I've been involved in business meetings, but Lola's really doing the work. I just sit in the corner on my BlackBerry (cell phone)!"
And Lourdes already has experience as a stylist - her mum's famous friends Marc Jacobs and Stella McCartney are always keen to hear her fashion opinions. Madonna reveals, "She also comes to my photo and video shoots, pulls outfits together and gives her input to a lot of my fashion-designer friends. Whether it's Marc Jacobs or Stella McCartney, they always ask her what she thinks."
Material Girl is expected to go on sale in U.S. department store Macy's in August.
More Madonna News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'