Madonna's Daughter Does All the Work in Clothing Line
Madonna recruited her teenage daughter Lourdes to help out on her new fashion line because she couldn't handle the heavy workload on her own. The pop superstar is set to launch Material Girl, a special range of clothes for juniors under her own style empire MG Icon.
Madonna, who previously created a clothing line for high street retailer H&M, is making the new label a family affair by teaming up with Lourdes - and she admits the venture would not have come to fruition had she not asked her eldest child to help.
She tells Us Weekly magazine, "I did a line for H&M, which I enjoyed, but it was a lot of work. I thought, I don't want to give up the rest of my careers, so I'm not going to do my own line again. But I have a 13-year-old with tireless energy who wanted to do this. I've been involved in business meetings, but Lola's really doing the work. I just sit in the corner on my BlackBerry (cell phone)!"
And Lourdes already has experience as a stylist - her mum's famous friends Marc Jacobs and Stella McCartney are always keen to hear her fashion opinions. Madonna reveals, "She also comes to my photo and video shoots, pulls outfits together and gives her input to a lot of my fashion-designer friends. Whether it's Marc Jacobs or Stella McCartney, they always ask her what she thinks."
Material Girl is expected to go on sale in U.S. department store Macy's in August.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed