Pete Doherty Afraid Libertines' Reunion Will End Up in Disaster
Pete Doherty is worried about The Libertines' upcoming sets at a U.K. music festival, admitting the reunion is "potentially a disaster" waiting to happen. The cult band, fronted by Doherty and Carl Barat, was announced as part of the line-up for Britain's twin Reading and Leeds festivals on Monday, March 29.
It will mark the first time the group has performed together in full since 2004 - and Doherty is worried their stormy relations could resurface when they take the stage together this summer. He tells NME.com, "I was like, 'Lets get on with it'. Potentially it's a f**king disaster - it's a tinder box waiting to go up."
"I think we need to be honest with each other and speak up if something is happening that no one else agrees with and, rather than just wander off in silence and let get everything get messy, just be honest."
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises