Pete Doherty Afraid Libertines' Reunion Will End Up in Disaster
Pete Doherty is worried about The Libertines' upcoming sets at a U.K. music festival, admitting the reunion is "potentially a disaster" waiting to happen. The cult band, fronted by Doherty and Carl Barat, was announced as part of the line-up for Britain's twin Reading and Leeds festivals on Monday, March 29.
It will mark the first time the group has performed together in full since 2004 - and Doherty is worried their stormy relations could resurface when they take the stage together this summer. He tells NME.com, "I was like, 'Lets get on with it'. Potentially it's a f**king disaster - it's a tinder box waiting to go up."
"I think we need to be honest with each other and speak up if something is happening that no one else agrees with and, rather than just wander off in silence and let get everything get messy, just be honest."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna