Pete Doherty Afraid Libertines' Reunion Will End Up in Disaster
Pete Doherty is worried about The Libertines' upcoming sets at a U.K. music festival, admitting the reunion is "potentially a disaster" waiting to happen. The cult band, fronted by Doherty and Carl Barat, was announced as part of the line-up for Britain's twin Reading and Leeds festivals on Monday, March 29.
It will mark the first time the group has performed together in full since 2004 - and Doherty is worried their stormy relations could resurface when they take the stage together this summer. He tells NME.com, "I was like, 'Lets get on with it'. Potentially it's a f**king disaster - it's a tinder box waiting to go up."
"I think we need to be honest with each other and speak up if something is happening that no one else agrees with and, rather than just wander off in silence and let get everything get messy, just be honest."
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury