GLAAD President Salutes Ricky Martin for His Gay Confession
Officials at leading gay rights group the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) are saluting pop star Ricky Martin for "coming out" on his website. The Latino star ended years of speculation about his sexuality on Monday, March 29 by revealing he's a proud homosexual in a statement on his official site - and American activists are thrilled.
A statement from GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios reads, "When someone like Ricky Martin comes out, hundreds of millions of people now have a cultural connection with an artist, a celebrity and, perhaps most importantly, a father who happens to be gay."
"His decision to model this kind of openness and honesty can lead to greater acceptance for countless gay people in the U.S., in Latin America and worldwide." In his big reveal, Martin told fans, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years