GLAAD President Salutes Ricky Martin for His Gay Confession
Officials at leading gay rights group the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) are saluting pop star Ricky Martin for "coming out" on his website. The Latino star ended years of speculation about his sexuality on Monday, March 29 by revealing he's a proud homosexual in a statement on his official site - and American activists are thrilled.
A statement from GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios reads, "When someone like Ricky Martin comes out, hundreds of millions of people now have a cultural connection with an artist, a celebrity and, perhaps most importantly, a father who happens to be gay."
"His decision to model this kind of openness and honesty can lead to greater acceptance for countless gay people in the U.S., in Latin America and worldwide." In his big reveal, Martin told fans, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie