India.Arie Pays Tribute to Grandmother in Twitter
R&B star India.Arie is mourning the loss of her great grandmother, who died just months shy of turning 100. The "Video" singer tweeted her tributes to her late relative over the weekend, March 28, telling followers she'd attended the funeral on Saturday, March 27 and realized there her great grandmother was truly a great lady.
In posts on Twitter, the singer/songwriter wrote, "Funerals always scare me but this one was just gorgeous. Hearing people talk about her showed me how much I am her child. She was a singer/ evangelist/ speaker/ made her own clothes... She was known for being well dressed and wearing the highest heels you ever saw an old woman wear."
"My ggmah (sic) taught my MOTHER how to sew. And told her 'it needs to be as pretty on the inside as it is on the out side'. (She) always did what she said, said what she thought, listened to people with her whole heart, and dressed how she wanted... But my family isn't sad. We've gained an angel... literally went when she was ready."
"She said 'I'm tired' and few days later went to 'sleep' she was 99 yrs old (sic). (She) lived to see - 4 times great - grand children. That's 5 generations! Was married 75 years... We're not sad." And thanks to India.Arie, the star's late great grandmother's voice will live on on record. The singer adds, "If you want to hear her speak and sing listen to GREAT GRANDMOTHER on testimony vol. 2 ['Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics'] (her album) and she comes in on the end of better people (sic)."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics