India.Arie Pays Tribute to Grandmother in Twitter
R&B star India.Arie is mourning the loss of her great grandmother, who died just months shy of turning 100. The "Video" singer tweeted her tributes to her late relative over the weekend, March 28, telling followers she'd attended the funeral on Saturday, March 27 and realized there her great grandmother was truly a great lady.
In posts on Twitter, the singer/songwriter wrote, "Funerals always scare me but this one was just gorgeous. Hearing people talk about her showed me how much I am her child. She was a singer/ evangelist/ speaker/ made her own clothes... She was known for being well dressed and wearing the highest heels you ever saw an old woman wear."
"My ggmah (sic) taught my MOTHER how to sew. And told her 'it needs to be as pretty on the inside as it is on the out side'. (She) always did what she said, said what she thought, listened to people with her whole heart, and dressed how she wanted... But my family isn't sad. We've gained an angel... literally went when she was ready."
"She said 'I'm tired' and few days later went to 'sleep' she was 99 yrs old (sic). (She) lived to see - 4 times great - grand children. That's 5 generations! Was married 75 years... We're not sad." And thanks to India.Arie, the star's late great grandmother's voice will live on on record. The singer adds, "If you want to hear her speak and sing listen to GREAT GRANDMOTHER on testimony vol. 2 ['Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics'] (her album) and she comes in on the end of better people (sic)."
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene