Emma Thompson's Husband Thought His Future Wife Was Kate Winslet
Actor Greg Wise tried to seduce Kate Winslet before he married Emma Thompson - after a clairvoyant told him he was destined to wed a "Sense and Sensibility" co-star. Wise met both Winslet and Thompson on the set of the 1995 movie, and was convinced the "Titanic" star was his future wife after a fortune-teller predicted he would fall in love during filming.
But because Thompson was still married to Kenneth Branagh at the time, Wise tried to date Winslet instead - but they failed to hit it off. He went on to wed Thompson in 2003. Thompson says, "Of course I was still married to Ken so Greg thought it must be (Kate) Winslet and he courted her assiduously."
"He took her to Glastonbury (in England) - not the festival, the town, because we were filming nearby - and she hated it. So he thought his friend must have just got it wrong. And then it turned out to be me."
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy