Emma Thompson's Husband Thought His Future Wife Was Kate Winslet
Actor Greg Wise tried to seduce Kate Winslet before he married Emma Thompson - after a clairvoyant told him he was destined to wed a "Sense and Sensibility" co-star. Wise met both Winslet and Thompson on the set of the 1995 movie, and was convinced the "Titanic" star was his future wife after a fortune-teller predicted he would fall in love during filming.
But because Thompson was still married to Kenneth Branagh at the time, Wise tried to date Winslet instead - but they failed to hit it off. He went on to wed Thompson in 2003. Thompson says, "Of course I was still married to Ken so Greg thought it must be (Kate) Winslet and he courted her assiduously."
"He took her to Glastonbury (in England) - not the festival, the town, because we were filming nearby - and she hated it. So he thought his friend must have just got it wrong. And then it turned out to be me."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie