Emma Thompson's Husband Thought His Future Wife Was Kate Winslet
Actor Greg Wise tried to seduce Kate Winslet before he married Emma Thompson - after a clairvoyant told him he was destined to wed a "Sense and Sensibility" co-star. Wise met both Winslet and Thompson on the set of the 1995 movie, and was convinced the "Titanic" star was his future wife after a fortune-teller predicted he would fall in love during filming.
But because Thompson was still married to Kenneth Branagh at the time, Wise tried to date Winslet instead - but they failed to hit it off. He went on to wed Thompson in 2003. Thompson says, "Of course I was still married to Ken so Greg thought it must be (Kate) Winslet and he courted her assiduously."
"He took her to Glastonbury (in England) - not the festival, the town, because we were filming nearby - and she hated it. So he thought his friend must have just got it wrong. And then it turned out to be me."
More Emma Thompson News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist