Emma Thompson's Husband Thought His Future Wife Was Kate Winslet
Actor Greg Wise tried to seduce Kate Winslet before he married Emma Thompson - after a clairvoyant told him he was destined to wed a "Sense and Sensibility" co-star. Wise met both Winslet and Thompson on the set of the 1995 movie, and was convinced the "Titanic" star was his future wife after a fortune-teller predicted he would fall in love during filming.
But because Thompson was still married to Kenneth Branagh at the time, Wise tried to date Winslet instead - but they failed to hit it off. He went on to wed Thompson in 2003. Thompson says, "Of course I was still married to Ken so Greg thought it must be (Kate) Winslet and he courted her assiduously."
"He took her to Glastonbury (in England) - not the festival, the town, because we were filming nearby - and she hated it. So he thought his friend must have just got it wrong. And then it turned out to be me."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic