Demi Moore Had War of Words With Kim Kardashian Over 'Pimping'
Demi Moore sparked a Twitter war with Kim Kardashian on Sunday, March 28 after taking aim at the socialite for her use of the word "pimping". The actress has taken a strong stance against child slavery and last week launched a new campaign with her husband Ashton Kutcher to clamp down on the unethical practice which is rampant in earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
She took particular offense to a tweet written by Kardashian on Sunday, March 28, when she posted a photo of herself at a charity event in Miami with tennis champ Serena Williams, DJ La La Vazquez and singer Kelly Rowland. The picture was accompanied by the caption "Big pimpin w (with) @SerenajWilliams @LaLaVazquez @Kelly_Rowland. Love u girls!"
Responding to the post, Moore wrote, "Are you using the word 'pimpin' as in pimping?", to which Kardashian answered, "Doesn't everyone? LOL (laugh out loud)." But Moore was not laughing and snapped back "No disrespect I love a girls' night out but a pimp and pimping is nothing more than a slave owner! If we want to end slavery we need to stop glorifying the 'pimp' culture."
Kardashian defended herself against the criticism, insisting she meant no harm with her 'tweet' "Nothing wrong with dancing to Big Pimpin' by Jay-Z in the club! Having a girls' night out, gotta love that song!" Moore assured fans she had nothing against Kardashian - just wanted to make "a point about how we have used a word and desensitized the real meaning".
She added, "Clearly I stirred up a s**t storm, but 2 (to) create change U have 2 be willing 2 take a risk and be willing 2 (sic) provoke thought & conversation." But the pair appeared to settle their differences by the end of the conversation, with Kardashian conceding Moore had made a "good point" with her tweets.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?