Jamelia's Stepbrother Goes to Jail for Attempted Murder
The stepbrother of British singer Jamelia has been jailed for shooting a man during race riots in the U.K. Tobias Rowe will spend a minimum of 12 years behind bars after he was found guilty earlier this month of attempted murder in connection to a 2005 shooting.
The 27 year old was among a gang who targeted staff and customers in two bars in relation to a man allegedly raping a woman in Birmingham, England. Rowe was also found guilty of rioting, conspiracy to rob, two charges of possessing a firearm and possessing ammunition in relation to the riots. He was found not guilty of another charge of attempted murder and an alternative charge of attempted wounding with intent by a jury at Birmingham's Crown Court.
Rowe was arrested last year over the attacks after three years on the run when he attended his own birthday party at an apartment in the city. It is the latest in a series of scandals to hit the singer's family members - Jamelia's uncle is serving life for murder, her stepbrother was accused, but cleared, of murdering two women in 2003 and her step-brother was stabbed to death.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences