Gerard Butler Apologized for 'Come-to-Bed' Remark
Scottish actor Gerard Butler personally apologized to his former high school crush - after namechecking her on a U.S. TV show. The actor was a guest on comedian Jimmy Kimmel's late-night show on Wednesday, March 24 and was asked if any woman had ever shunned the "300" star.
Butler pretended it was still a sore point, saying, "This girl, Julie Morrison... was the one you'd end up round the back of the bike sheds with... I'll never forget her walking up the stairs... and I said something to her and then I gave her a long, lingering look... and she looked at me and gave me these come-to-bed eyes."
But Morrison has revealed the star later called to apologize for naming her on national TV, insisting his comments were only meant as a bit of fun. She tells Scotland's Sunday Mail, "I have known Gerry for 30 years and we are great pals. We will be great pals for another 30 years. What he said was typical Gerry - he is just a fun, mischievous, cheeky chappy kind of guy..."
"What he said has been misconstrued. He was making lighthearted comments to amuse an audience. None of it was meant to be taken seriously. I know Gerry has been shocked by how people have painted him out to be a bad guy and he got his lawyers involved. I keep in touch with him but I was surprised to get the call out of the blue. He just told me what I knew - that it was a bit of fun." ,br> "I had never even heard of the show let alone seen it so I was really surprised by this. I have people phoning me up to see if I'm OK about it but it was just a good laugh. I am not in the least offended... It was hysterical and I'm not taking anything to heart."
More Gerard Butler News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart