Gerard Butler Apologized for 'Come-to-Bed' Remark
Scottish actor Gerard Butler personally apologized to his former high school crush - after namechecking her on a U.S. TV show. The actor was a guest on comedian Jimmy Kimmel's late-night show on Wednesday, March 24 and was asked if any woman had ever shunned the "300" star.
Butler pretended it was still a sore point, saying, "This girl, Julie Morrison... was the one you'd end up round the back of the bike sheds with... I'll never forget her walking up the stairs... and I said something to her and then I gave her a long, lingering look... and she looked at me and gave me these come-to-bed eyes."
But Morrison has revealed the star later called to apologize for naming her on national TV, insisting his comments were only meant as a bit of fun. She tells Scotland's Sunday Mail, "I have known Gerry for 30 years and we are great pals. We will be great pals for another 30 years. What he said was typical Gerry - he is just a fun, mischievous, cheeky chappy kind of guy..."
"What he said has been misconstrued. He was making lighthearted comments to amuse an audience. None of it was meant to be taken seriously. I know Gerry has been shocked by how people have painted him out to be a bad guy and he got his lawyers involved. I keep in touch with him but I was surprised to get the call out of the blue. He just told me what I knew - that it was a bit of fun." ,br> "I had never even heard of the show let alone seen it so I was really surprised by this. I have people phoning me up to see if I'm OK about it but it was just a good laugh. I am not in the least offended... It was hysterical and I'm not taking anything to heart."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3