Susan Boyle: I'm Going to Worth 16 Million Pounds
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is so excited about her worldwide success, she's convinced she'll be worth $24 million by next year. Boyle shot to fame on Simon Cowell's "Britain's Got Talent" last year when a clip of her singing spread across the internet and gained her legions of dedicated fans. She went on to release her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream", which became the biggest-selling CD of 2009 in the U.K., and has now sold more than 8.5 million copies globally.
Boyle has reportedly been living off an allowance from Cowell, but she will receive her first big payout from her worldwide sales when she turns 49 on April Fool's Day. And the singer is looking forward to buying a new five-bedroom, three-bathroom riverside property in her hometown of Blackburn, West Lothian, Scotland. Boyle says, "I'm no April fool - I'm going to be worth 16 million pounds next year."
Her brother, Gerry, adds, "Susan was teased from a child because of her birth date and told she would never amount to much in her life. She can still remember the taunts as if they were yesterday. But she rang me last week and was so happy. She said, 'Gerry, if people look at me now they'll realize I'm no idiot, no fool. I can buy whatever I want.' I felt so happy for her."
"She's had a lot of knocks in life and deserves everything good coming her way... The figures are staggering - eye popping. When Susan was told she dropped the phone and danced a jig around her front room, even though money is not her god and never will be."
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video