Susan Boyle: I'm Going to Worth 16 Million Pounds
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is so excited about her worldwide success, she's convinced she'll be worth $24 million by next year. Boyle shot to fame on Simon Cowell's "Britain's Got Talent" last year when a clip of her singing spread across the internet and gained her legions of dedicated fans. She went on to release her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream", which became the biggest-selling CD of 2009 in the U.K., and has now sold more than 8.5 million copies globally.
Boyle has reportedly been living off an allowance from Cowell, but she will receive her first big payout from her worldwide sales when she turns 49 on April Fool's Day. And the singer is looking forward to buying a new five-bedroom, three-bathroom riverside property in her hometown of Blackburn, West Lothian, Scotland. Boyle says, "I'm no April fool - I'm going to be worth 16 million pounds next year."
Her brother, Gerry, adds, "Susan was teased from a child because of her birth date and told she would never amount to much in her life. She can still remember the taunts as if they were yesterday. But she rang me last week and was so happy. She said, 'Gerry, if people look at me now they'll realize I'm no idiot, no fool. I can buy whatever I want.' I felt so happy for her."
"She's had a lot of knocks in life and deserves everything good coming her way... The figures are staggering - eye popping. When Susan was told she dropped the phone and danced a jig around her front room, even though money is not her god and never will be."
More Susan Boyle News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna