'Dragon' Sends 'Alice' Down the List in North American Box Office
Gerard Butler's animated adventure "How to Train Your Dragon" has fought its way to the top of the U.S. box office chart with opening weekend takings of $43.3 million. The DreamWorks movie, which also features the voices of Jay Baruchel and America Ferrera, tells the tale of a Viking boy who tames a fire-breathing dragon.
The 3-D film ended "Alice in Wonderland"'s three-week run at number one; Tim Burton's Disney fantasy slips to second place with $17.3 million, taking its total gross in the U.S. to $293.1 million.
John Cusack's 1980s comedy "Hot Tub Time Machine" enters the chart at three after taking $13.7 million, while "The Bounty Hunter", Butler's romantic comedy with Jennifer Aniston, falls from two to four with $12.4 million. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" rounds out the new top five.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for March 26-28:
- "How to Train Your Dragon" - $43.3 million
- "Alice in Wonderland" - $17.3 million
- "Hot Tub Time Machine" - $13.7 million
- "The Bounty Hunter" - $12.4 million
- "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" - $10 million
- "She's Out of My League" - $3.5 million
- "Green Zone" - $3.3 million
- "Shutter Island" - $3.1 million
- "Repo Men" - $3 million
- "Our Family Wedding" - $2.2 million
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy