'Dragon' Sends 'Alice' Down the List in North American Box Office
Gerard Butler's animated adventure "How to Train Your Dragon" has fought its way to the top of the U.S. box office chart with opening weekend takings of $43.3 million. The DreamWorks movie, which also features the voices of Jay Baruchel and America Ferrera, tells the tale of a Viking boy who tames a fire-breathing dragon.
The 3-D film ended "Alice in Wonderland"'s three-week run at number one; Tim Burton's Disney fantasy slips to second place with $17.3 million, taking its total gross in the U.S. to $293.1 million.
John Cusack's 1980s comedy "Hot Tub Time Machine" enters the chart at three after taking $13.7 million, while "The Bounty Hunter", Butler's romantic comedy with Jennifer Aniston, falls from two to four with $12.4 million. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" rounds out the new top five.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for March 26-28:
- "How to Train Your Dragon" - $43.3 million
- "Alice in Wonderland" - $17.3 million
- "Hot Tub Time Machine" - $13.7 million
- "The Bounty Hunter" - $12.4 million
- "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" - $10 million
- "She's Out of My League" - $3.5 million
- "Green Zone" - $3.3 million
- "Shutter Island" - $3.1 million
- "Repo Men" - $3 million
- "Our Family Wedding" - $2.2 million
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'