'Dragon' Sends 'Alice' Down the List in North American Box Office
Gerard Butler's animated adventure "How to Train Your Dragon" has fought its way to the top of the U.S. box office chart with opening weekend takings of $43.3 million. The DreamWorks movie, which also features the voices of Jay Baruchel and America Ferrera, tells the tale of a Viking boy who tames a fire-breathing dragon.
The 3-D film ended "Alice in Wonderland"'s three-week run at number one; Tim Burton's Disney fantasy slips to second place with $17.3 million, taking its total gross in the U.S. to $293.1 million.
John Cusack's 1980s comedy "Hot Tub Time Machine" enters the chart at three after taking $13.7 million, while "The Bounty Hunter", Butler's romantic comedy with Jennifer Aniston, falls from two to four with $12.4 million. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" rounds out the new top five.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for March 26-28:
- "How to Train Your Dragon" - $43.3 million
- "Alice in Wonderland" - $17.3 million
- "Hot Tub Time Machine" - $13.7 million
- "The Bounty Hunter" - $12.4 million
- "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" - $10 million
- "She's Out of My League" - $3.5 million
- "Green Zone" - $3.3 million
- "Shutter Island" - $3.1 million
- "Repo Men" - $3 million
- "Our Family Wedding" - $2.2 million
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked