Lewis Hamilton Had His Luxury Car Impounded by Police
Nicole Scherzinger's racer boyfriend Lewis Hamilton has had his luxury car impounded by Australian police after he was pulled over for reckless driving. The Formula 1 star found himself in trouble with authorities in Victoria on Friday night, March 26 - just hours after he set the fastest qualifying time for the Australian Grand Prix at 1 minute, 26.801 seconds - when he was caught performing a "burnout with smoking tires and a fishtail" meters away from a police van.
His Mercedes-Benz was impounded and the 25-year-old will face a charge by summons with improper use of a vehicle, according to the Herald Sun. Policeman Scott Woodford tells the newspaper, "It would have been fair to say he was fairly disappointed."
Hamilton has now apologized for his actions, admitting he made a "silly mistake". He says, "This evening, I was driving in an over-exuberant manner and, as a result, was stopped by the police. What I did was silly, and I want to apologize for it." Hamilton previously had his vehicle taken away by cops in France in 2007 after he was caught speeding.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'