Ludacris Dismayed to Fail Landing a Duet With Lauryn Hill
Ludacris is disappointed he failed to convince Lauryn Hill to collaborate on a new song after the reclusive singer/rapper turned down the hip-hop star's efforts to feature her on his new album. The "Stand Up" hitmaker recruited a host of female rappers for his latest project "Battle of the Sexes", including Eve, Lil Kim, Trina and Nicki Minaj.
But Ludacris admits there was one other big name he was hoping to land a duet with - even though Hill has collaborated with few artists since her days in The Fugees with Wyclef Jean and Pras Michel.
He tells the Associated Press, "I think Lauryn Hill is like extremely talented and I can say I did try to do that (organise a duet), it just didn't work itself out." Hill has not released a disc of new material since her debut, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill", in 1998.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years