Ludacris Dismayed to Fail Landing a Duet With Lauryn Hill
Ludacris is disappointed he failed to convince Lauryn Hill to collaborate on a new song after the reclusive singer/rapper turned down the hip-hop star's efforts to feature her on his new album. The "Stand Up" hitmaker recruited a host of female rappers for his latest project "Battle of the Sexes", including Eve, Lil Kim, Trina and Nicki Minaj.
But Ludacris admits there was one other big name he was hoping to land a duet with - even though Hill has collaborated with few artists since her days in The Fugees with Wyclef Jean and Pras Michel.
He tells the Associated Press, "I think Lauryn Hill is like extremely talented and I can say I did try to do that (organise a duet), it just didn't work itself out." Hill has not released a disc of new material since her debut, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill", in 1998.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist