Ludacris Dismayed to Fail Landing a Duet With Lauryn Hill
Ludacris is disappointed he failed to convince Lauryn Hill to collaborate on a new song after the reclusive singer/rapper turned down the hip-hop star's efforts to feature her on his new album. The "Stand Up" hitmaker recruited a host of female rappers for his latest project "Battle of the Sexes", including Eve, Lil Kim, Trina and Nicki Minaj.
But Ludacris admits there was one other big name he was hoping to land a duet with - even though Hill has collaborated with few artists since her days in The Fugees with Wyclef Jean and Pras Michel.
He tells the Associated Press, "I think Lauryn Hill is like extremely talented and I can say I did try to do that (organise a duet), it just didn't work itself out." Hill has not released a disc of new material since her debut, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill", in 1998.
More Ludacris News
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos