Ludacris Dismayed to Fail Landing a Duet With Lauryn Hill
Ludacris is disappointed he failed to convince Lauryn Hill to collaborate on a new song after the reclusive singer/rapper turned down the hip-hop star's efforts to feature her on his new album. The "Stand Up" hitmaker recruited a host of female rappers for his latest project "Battle of the Sexes", including Eve, Lil Kim, Trina and Nicki Minaj.
But Ludacris admits there was one other big name he was hoping to land a duet with - even though Hill has collaborated with few artists since her days in The Fugees with Wyclef Jean and Pras Michel.
He tells the Associated Press, "I think Lauryn Hill is like extremely talented and I can say I did try to do that (organise a duet), it just didn't work itself out." Hill has not released a disc of new material since her debut, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill", in 1998.
More Ludacris News
- Live Nation Confirms Jeremih Is Removed From PARTYNEXTDOOR's Tour
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies