Ludacris Dismayed to Fail Landing a Duet With Lauryn Hill
Ludacris is disappointed he failed to convince Lauryn Hill to collaborate on a new song after the reclusive singer/rapper turned down the hip-hop star's efforts to feature her on his new album. The "Stand Up" hitmaker recruited a host of female rappers for his latest project "Battle of the Sexes", including Eve, Lil Kim, Trina and Nicki Minaj.
But Ludacris admits there was one other big name he was hoping to land a duet with - even though Hill has collaborated with few artists since her days in The Fugees with Wyclef Jean and Pras Michel.
He tells the Associated Press, "I think Lauryn Hill is like extremely talented and I can say I did try to do that (organise a duet), it just didn't work itself out." Hill has not released a disc of new material since her debut, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill", in 1998.
More Ludacris News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce